Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Legs

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Y would U waste so much time waiting to carve 4 four sided carves ??? That's what a lathe is for !!! If U have a dupilicator for the lathe U'd cut all 4 legs by the time U get through step 1 with the carvewright.. Plus there will be a lot of cleanup comin out of the carvewright... Comes off the lathe done ....
    There are better ways to make Table Legs, I like to use my Legacy Mill. It also makes a nice overhead Router Table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legacy 1.jpg   Legacy 2.jpg   Legacy 3.jpg   Legacy 4.jpg  

Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Ahhh. The Legacy REVO.. I have one in the shop next to my 900 CNC. Very nice machines! Did you get yours new?
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    There are better ways to make Table Legs, I like to use my Legacy Mill. It also makes a nice overhead Router Table.
    I have always wanted one of those, looks like you could do a lot of neat stuff with them. I would rather have a Legacy Mill than a Lathe, nothing against lathes, just haven't been my cup of tea or anything I wanted right now.

Legacy is coming out with a new and more solid line of manual mills. They are NON-CNC CNC machines. Have the frame of a CNC and the manual cranks and gearing of the older manual mills. You might want to check out the google groups for legacy ornamental mills group and join. Free and informative.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

You could certainly design table legs with carved detail that would not be possible with a lathe or Legacy. I like the 4-sided carve option and happy to see it presented as an option.

Actually, the Legacy CNC version can do relief carvings on legs as it is a 5 axis CNC. It does not have the depth limitation the CW has. It is QUITE a bit more expensive though. The CW is great but does have some limitations. I have both and use both. I also enjoy both..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools

Could you use the rotary jig to cut out the shape of the leg and then just glue/thread the leg segments together? Just thinking that might be easier than doing a 4 sided carve?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Ahhh. The Legacy REVO.. I have one in the shop next to my 900 CNC. Very nice machines! Did you get yours new?
    I purchsed mine new in the 1990's and purchsed my CW unit to make table tops and templates for the Revo. It makes nice table legs, You could also build a unit to do that with the CW unit, need a few gears and other spare parts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legacy Legs 1.jpg   Legacy Legs 2.jpg   Legacy Legs 3.jpg   Legacy Legs 4.jpg  

Router Mill 1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Wow! very nice and cool map2!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12