Thread: Carvewright for sale

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Carvewright for sale

I have a version b unit for sale. I have recently upgraded to a bigger cnc to keep up with the demand of small business. The unit is operational. To give a run down of the history of the machine...I have replaced the quick change chuck once. Went out again then had my father in law custom make a chuck for it. I replaced the sandpaper belts twice then recently replaced them with the heavy duty traction belts(new belts have about 8 hours on them). I replaced the bearings in the z-truck spindle. It may need a new z-truck or flex shaft. Flex shaft vibrates. Never found the cause. Have tried some modifications to it. I removed the motor from the unit and put it in a sound proof enclosure. Which did not work very good; the majority of the sound is not the motor. So i put it back. I also made a muffler similar to a car muffler for the exhaust which also did not work; the majority of the sound is not the exhaust it is the spindle which cannot be muffled. Which is where I sprayed the inside of the top cover with several coats of plasti-dip to help with the sound and put it back on cause i ran it for about a year with it off. Felt like it just got in the way. The lid safeties have been bypassed and i attempted to put a switch on the top cover to act as a safety switch so that i would not have to hit the stop button to pause it and then accidentally push it again and abort the project. Has happened on several occasions. But with all the vibrations the switch vibrated off so i did away with the switch. I have never had any real trouble out of the machine except for normal part wear, the board tracking sensor which I could fix by turning the machine off then on again and it would clear it up. Don't know why but i guess it would get a bad reading and would hang onto the fault until it was cleared by a restart. And the other problem that I had was what my wife likes to call user error, I like to call it a learning curve. The head pressure may need to be readjusted. The crank arm seems a little tight when lowering it. May just need some adjustment. Am not sure of any of the cutting times. will have to re-post those numbers. I also have the scanning probe $300 (and jumper cable) , designer software and pattern editor $200, Centerline license $100(I don't know if those licenses are transferrable). I'm not selling any of the bits that i have cause i use them with the new cnc. On the attached pics, Pic 4 is a close up of the custom chuck. I used a collet from a Skil router that i had to use with the chuck. The router model is a Skil 1825 if you want to purchase the collet and the chuck wrench. There are flats milled on the side of the chuck for a 7/8 wrench which will come with the machine if you want it. I am keeping my collet to go back on my router. Pic 5 is a view of the back left corner because this is where the wire for the scanning probe is tucked. And Pic 7 shows the back of the unit where you will see my failed attempt at connecting a muffler to the exhaust ports. That is why there is a piece of white pcv sticking out. Also on the left side of the top there is a rectangle hole and a drilled hole where my switch was mounted. None of these mod's have hindered the machine in any way. I am asking $800 but it is negotiable due to some fixes that need to be done. The machine will run fine right now, but like i said earlier the flex shaft vibrates and the bearing have been replaced and are still in their break in period which causes more heat. So I don't know if it is the flex shaft that needs replacing or the z-truck. message me if you are interested. i am located in augusta, ga. The buyer will pay shipping charges. I do not have the original box so i will make a crate to put it in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic 1.JPG   Pic 2.jpg   Pic 3.JPG   Pic 4.JPG  

Pic 5.JPG   Pic 7.JPG