Thread: Power Fluctuation

Default Power Fluctuation

Just started a carve this morning. After 2% of a carve, the machine shuts down and the reading on the screen is Power Fluctuation. Press enter to restart. Runs for about 2 minutes and shuts down again. Now, it is not storming outsides and I know that the electrical wiring in my garage is fine. It is cold in my garage and I know that there is a temp. min. for using the machine. I kept the machine in the warm house prior to use and that has worked in the past. Just turned the garage heater on now to see if it helps. Is there anything else I should be looking at? I don't want to scrap this piece of wood and start over not knowing if this will happen again. This is supposed to be an 8hr carve and I would be wasting a lot if I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockur View Post
    Just started a carve this morning. After 2% of a carve, the machine shuts down and the reading on the screen is Power Fluctuation. Press enter to restart. Runs for about 2 minutes and shuts down again. Now, it is not storming outsides and I know that the electrical wiring in my garage is fine. It is cold in my garage and I know that there is a temp. min. for using the machine. I kept the machine in the warm house prior to use and that has worked in the past. Just turned the garage heater on now to see if it helps. Is there anything else I should be looking at? I don't want to scrap this piece of wood and start over not knowing if this will happen again. This is supposed to be an 8hr carve and I would be wasting a lot if I stopped.
    Presuming that the outlet you're using is a double outlet, plug in a light in the other socket, turn it on and see if the light dims as the error occurs. If so, something is amiss with your electric. Possibly something else is on the same circuit and calling for prower once in a while (furnace, heater, etc). If not, something is probably loose in the machine wiring.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Sounds like you are moving the machine from house to garage. I would start with checking the electric connection at the on/off switch to make sure nothing is loose.

Since your only 2 min into carve you can restart from the beginning and should be good.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Well whatever it was, it is working now. I didn't touch anything. Just hit the "enter" key to restart. About 20 times for the first hour. The only condition that changed to my knowledge was the temperature in the room because I turned on the garage heater. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out the electrical connections and take a closer look at the machine after the carve to see if there was any other possible causes.

Great news.. happy carving!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This looks more like a Classic "L2" bad on the power supply.... You did not post the version of your machine, "A, B or C" and the Age and Cut Motor Hours, that would help.

There are 2 versions of the Power Supply... IF you have the version I show in pictures below, it could be the L2 Coil on the Power Supply board. There is a new version that has 3 heat sink bars like the 2 on my version. Don't know if the L2 has a problem on that board.

The L2 snaps below the surface of the board and is hard to see.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03694_WEB.jpg   DSC03700_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC03713_WEB.jpg  

DSC03707_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com