Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Z Axis Stall Error E06-0313

Default Getting Z Axis Stall Error E06-0313

I have followed all the tips on this forum including calling in yesterday. It appears I'm not getting any voltage to the Z or Y servor motor as well as the X motor (moved the motors around and I can not feel any resistences). Trace cables and ohm them all out back to the controller cable end. So my limited technical troubleshooting skills is tell me that I could have a bad controller or bad power supply.

Question on the power suppy: I have 5 DC volts on V1 pin on the power supply connector, but no reading on V2 pin. Should I have maybe a 12 DC volts out on V2 pin that feed the motors, or the entire Carvewright machine works out of the 5 volts?

Thanks in advance for any help on this poblem.

When I had that error, it turn out to be the FFC (flat Cable). Didn't realize it, but it had a short. What version machine do you have? Does it have the 14 in cable and circuit boards or the 18 pin?

I changed my tactics when troubleshooting the carvewright and look at the simplest things first

Hi chief2007,

I have the 14 connector FFC cable. I ohm it out end to end and it looked okay. I did not check if traces next to each other were shorted out.... I will and let you know.

Mike,

Your on the right track... IS the LCD Blank? That missing voltage goes through the L2 Coil on the Power Supply Board.... I am betting that is the problem.... It snaps off within the board where it is bent over and soldered. It is due to vibration from the QC. Like bending a wire over and over it changes color and snaps.

You can check this easy... Remove the Muffler... Lay the machine down on the back, muffler... And see if the LCD comes back on.... Gravity pushes the Copper Carrot back into the board.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03707_WEB.jpg   DSC03713_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi Digitalwooshop,

No, the LCD has power and I do have the 5 volt DC coming out of the power supply on the Vi pin out of the connector that goes to the controller. I'm not getting any voltage out of the V2 pin and not sure if any should be there. I assume if any it should be 12 volts to supply the motors, without a schematic I can not tell for sure. Thanks for the pictures I will check the coil out.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I have followed all the tips on this forum including calling in yesterday. It appears I'm not getting any voltage to the Z or Y servor motor as well as the X motor (moved the motors around and I can not feel any resistences). Trace cables and ohm them all out back to the controller cable end. So my limited technical troubleshooting skills is tell me that I could have a bad controller or bad power supply.

Question on the power suppy: I have 5 DC volts on V1 pin on the power supply connector, but no reading on V2 pin. Should I have maybe a 12 DC volts out on V2 pin that feed the motors, or the entire Carvewright machine works out of the 5 volts?

Thanks in advance for any help on this poblem.
    I'm getting the exact same error and I'm watching this thread as well for help.
    Placed 1st and 3rd in the 2011 Desert Woodcarvers Show

www.customwoodcarvingllc.com

Explain step by step what is happening from Boot Up.... This is not happening when the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit is installed in a Rock Chuck too long???????

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Angry Z-Axis stall E06-0313

I'm following the thread and wondering of it's my job to check for shorts or voltage and validate CC's refurb machine with 02:35 on the cut motor without invalidating the warranty? Thank you guys for your efforts, hints and suggestions with your solutions. Better support than Support. I have LCD power and checked connections but this is just frustrating.

OK... You ready for a venting? I had motor issues with my previous machine last year July,2010 and it took 12+ weeks to get the repaired machine back. This July 7th both the X and Y motors went out and after 3 months Sears Repair realized it could not be repaired or get the parts from CC depending on who I spoke with. This problem is the replacement machine which I received Oct 10th. That's 7 months I couldn't use my machine. Not much of a recommendation from me.

Glad I bought the Sears warranty.

Hi DigitalWoodshop,

Here are the power on squences and then the Z Axis failure:

Power up unit, get project option display, it looks normal ...
    As soon as I press 1 and then select any project I get the Z Axis error or any cut biuld in options.

What I have done for troubleshooting:

Ohm out the FFC cable, check for shorts between traces. ...OK
    I tested all sensor...... OKI
    Check the voltage right at the motor connection that are solder to the servor sensor.. get 0 volts.
    I repeated the same steps as about and at the same time tried moving the z motor up or down thinking that it's looking for any feed back from the sensor... expected an different error....nothing same error.
    Revert end connectors FFC cable, compress FFC black connector and move cables end as I selected a project (not easy)...same error
    Swap the two Y and Z motor holding on my hand as I tried a project..... same error
    Reformated memory card and installed previous firmware version.. same error.
    Check for any loose componets on hte X axis motor PCB, same on hte power supply.....OK

Question I still have:

If the power supply feed 5V and 12V volts, or only 5v is used for the entire unit including the driving voltage for the servo motors?

The Head Terminal Electronic Board Assembly where the FFC cable connect to (PN MVM-A2060) have some passive componets, has anyone seen this bad before that you know?

At what point do the controller feed any voltages to the motor? It appears to me that motor voltage is not present on any of the 3 motors at power up, because I messure it and get ZIPPO, but because I have a failure, maybe it should be reading something. So if it should be feeding any voltages at power up I got the feeling it's the controller as it controll each motor with driver chips U19, U20 and U21.

As for 3DbMe,

Sorry to hear time to services your unit, that is why I will do as much as I can before taking the next step and sending it out to Houston Pasadena for repairs.

Got my answered from LHC Support:
    "Set your volt meter to 200V DC then turnmachine ON, then check the yellow & black pins for 24V and the Red & black for 5V"

I'm not getting any reading for the 24V DC on pin label V2, so I have a bad power supply or a cold solder some place. Will check for cold solder and see if that solve problem other wise a need a new power supply. thanks to all that help out....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast