Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Z Axis Stall Error E06-0313

It is either a bad power supply... Most Likely... OR a bad FFC Cable.... The pins don't normally short but the thin copper will crack and not pass power....

And there is no chance that you have a 18 pin cable plugged into a 14 pin circuit board?

Remember the first FFC Cables were 18 thinner pins.... OR you placed a new 14 pin FFC Cable in a old 18 pin Socket Shorting out the power supply... I don't remember if you did any part swapping.... FFC Cable?

Listed as a 16 pin but is really 18 pins.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06680_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi Digitalwoodshop,

I do have the 14 pin FCC cable and both end connectors are 14 pins, cable and connectors were checked multiple times. I'm not getting the 24v DC on the yellow wire coming out of the power supply. As per LHC tech. a 5DC (red wire) and 24DC volts (yellow wire) should be present all the time. I don't see any bad solder on the power supply, but after a little troubleshooting I see that the transformer label "T2" is getting AC voltage in, but nothing is coming out, it looks like a internal contact separation on the transformer, so a new power supply is on the way, also a new FCC cable as well.

Thanks to all, If and I hope this is the end of my problems I will let all know the outcome......

After getting the new power supply, my carvewright is working fine now.... Thanks to all for suggestions,

Question? Why do I have an easy time moving the Z motor up and down by hand with no power truned on, and then when the power is turned on, the Z and X motors are hard to move by hand. And I get the Z axis stall as soon as I try to do a project. Thanks for your time. Jim (Pasa)

Hello everyone and Merry Chirstmas to all! I have a problem that just started today, Dec 13, 2011. After carving the top and short sides of the Dragon Jewlery box from the projects, I am getting a Z axis stall. The machine boots correctly, measures the board (4 x 32 x 3/4), asks to load the 1/16th carving bit, checks the bit depth on the far side of the keypad, comes to the keypad side the stalls on depth check. Any ideas what is going on? Thanks. Johnny

Make sure it did not drill a hole thru the plastic bit stop on the keypad side of the machine. I'm pretty sure that is the message you get when that happens.

If it did, you can repair with some 5 min epoxy.
    Doug Fletcher

Doug,

Thanks for responding so quickly! I will check that out. But to clarify, the bit was not spinning when the depth was being checked. Thanks.

Ok.. did it stall at the bottom on the keypad side? Typically that is a hole that has been drilled or a bit length issue. What chuck are you using?
    Doug Fletcher

I am using a Rock Chuck with drill bit collar stops on the bits so they are always at a constant depth when changing bits.

Johnny

This exact thing happened to me. It turned out to be a frozen bearing on the truck.
    Placed 1st and 3rd in the 2011 Desert Woodcarvers Show

www.customwoodcarvingllc.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast