Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pattern help!

1. Default pattern help!

Can someone please help me in creating a pattern from the attached pic. I have tried to get the right effect for days now and am getting down right frustrated. I know there is an oak leaf pattern that comes with designer but i have other ones that i would like to do. If someone could fill me in on a process to use it would be greatly appreciated. I use inkscape, corel, and paint.net bouncing between them. Is it layering? Gradient filling? maybe i am thinking to hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oakleafescroll.jpg  

Default Oak Leaf TEST

See if this give you what you want.

I modified your picture by using just the Pattern Editor application.
    My "Download link, below has 3 lessons on how to apply the process. They use other examples, but the concept is the same.
    AskBud
    Oakleaf TEST-3.ptn
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by mrstevens26 View Post
    Can someone please help me in creating a pattern from the attached pic. I have tried to get the right effect for days now and am getting down right frustrated. I know there is an oak leaf pattern that comes with designer but i have other ones that i would like to do. If someone could fill me in on a process to use it would be greatly appreciated. I use inkscape, corel, and paint.net bouncing between them. Is it layering? Gradient filling? maybe i am thinking to hard.
    That is not a clean image, no detail in the image. It is very hard to clean up the outline. Will this work? You need a great line drawing to rework an image. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oakleafescroll_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

4. Default

I'm thinking about how I would do this. I may do something tomorrow.

Alan

5. Default

Here is what I have done using PhotoShop. I selected the various parts put them on layers and drew in a little detail and played around with blur and curves and inner shadows and dodge and burn etc.

LeafyGreens.ptnClick image for larger version. 

Name:	LeafyGreensPic.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	47570

Alan

6. Default

Actually it doesn't look that bad if I don't round off the edges so much like this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LeafyGreens2.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	47571LeafyGreens2.ptn
    Alan

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Here is what I have done using PhotoShop. I selected the various parts put them on layers and drew in a little detail and played around with blur and curves and inner shadows and dodge and burn etc.

Alan
    Excellent work, Alan. Great example that demonstrates how a person who is well-versed/skilled in a photo editing program can really turn out some very nice results.

You know, we have a "Third-Party Software" section here on the forum. I don't think anyone has started a section there on PhotoShop yet. Perhaps you would consider posting a description of your process there. I think folks would really enjoy that, and maybe they could adapt your techniques to other photo editing software if they don't own PhotoShop.

Thanks for the creative work you share with us.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Allen,
    You have done a real nice job. Capt Barry

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Excellent work, Alan. Great example that demonstrates how a person who is well-versed/skilled in a photo editing program can really turn out some very nice results.

You know, we have a "Third-Party Software" section here on the forum. I don't think anyone has started a section there on PhotoShop yet. Perhaps you would consider posting a description of your process there. I think folks would really enjoy that, and maybe they could adapt your techniques to other photo editing software if they don't own PhotoShop.

Thanks for the creative work you share with us.
    Hi Michael T

I used to teach PhotoShop and Illustrator to fellow employees where I used to work at RR Donneley. I was thinking about what you said about adding to the post on third party software and thought that it was a bad idea because I am running PhotoShop 5 which is about twelve or 13 years old and the functionality might be different than the newer versions. So I downloaded that free version of Paint.net software (which they call now gimp 2). So I downloaded the program yesterday and found that it is indeed a very good program and in fact I found that I could do all the same things with that program as I do with PhotoShop. The Blur function seems to work flawlessly and it even has quick mask, layers, curves and lighten/darken. I feel I could indeed make easy to understand tutorials in pdf format that could get people into using advanced functions of the program. Its not hard to make things pop up into 3d height maps for the carvewright designer program If you have a knowledge of a few of the advanced functions of the Gimp 2 program.

Now it is very easy for me to make pdf multi page documents because it is easy to place screen shots and text but I am wondering if I could upload them to the carvwright site or would I have to put them on my own web site?

I will begin to put together these pdf tutorials slowly over the next few weeks.

Alan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast