Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine sending board completely out of machine when measuring

1. Default Machine sending board completely out of machine when measuring

Hello,

I am experiencing a new problem with my CW. The machine has been inactive for about 2 months while I was getting my project together and it worked just fine before it sat.

What is happening is that when the machine measures the board to be carved it sends the board completely out of the machine. I used the measure button on the machine and it did the same thing. HELP!!!!!!

Make sure the rollers are not stuck. With out a board loaded, go to menu, options, sensor check and check the status of the front and rear compression rollers.
    Doug Fletcher

To Expand on Doug's Correct Answer.... The machine looks for the rear roller to become un compressed when measuring a board. When the roller gets un compressed it tells the Board Sensor to start looking.... No Un Compress... NO Look.... Board drives right out of the machine...

Remove the Keypad side silver cover careful of the wires... Blow the dust out of the switches... This was posted just a few days ago... The dust builds up like Filo Dough on the plate that the roller rests on when un compressed.. When the layer is thick enough the switch won't drop into the slot and show Still compressed...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01043_WEB.jpg   DSC01044_WEB.jpg   DSC01040_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I may be wrong, but I think that if the board looses contact with the Brass roller it could cause the same problem.
    Check for missing ring on the Brass roller, void (ever so small) on the bottom of the board where the Brass roller passes.
    Also, use masking tape on the bottom of the board where it contacts the brass roller. Additional support rollers might be required beyond the machine as well.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I was thinking when it losses contact with the brass roller, you almost always get a "check tracking roller" msg. Of course.. I may be wrong too!
    Doug Fletcher

I will chime in, I always thought if you lost contact with the brass roller, then the board goes back and forth until the machine thinks it is back where it is supposed to be. Spitting out the board though, that is definitely a stuck roller.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

My thoughts too.. with one exception... when the cw is trying to find the ends of the board... then it does lose contact with the brass roller and is the only time the x can be moving, brass roller not, and the machine doesn't get cranky about it. (AFAIK)
    Doug Fletcher

How thick of board? If less that 1/2" (even a little bit less) it will kick the board out also..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

AL is right, it is not the brass roller, It is the board sensor that keeps reading the board if the back roller does not De-compress.

Do you have a dust system attached to your CW machine? Most of the time it is the dust in the roller switch.
    Last edited by bjbethke; 09-04-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Yep... Loss of Brass Roller contact results in rapid rocking back and fourth.... Stuck Roller...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast