Thread: monogram help?

1. Default monogram help?

i am trying to make a monogram cutout that my wife wants. i posted the pic of the one that she wants but with our initials of course. the pattern is made of 1/4in birch ply. anyone know of a good technique to accomplish this effectively?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails door_hanger.jpg  

Default Text Cut-outs

Quote Originally Posted by mrstevens26 View Post
    i am trying to make a monogram cutout that my wife wants. i posted the pic of the one that she wants but with our initials of course. the pattern is made of 1/4in birch ply. anyone know of a good technique to accomplish this effectively?
    The process is not hard!
    My "Download" link, in my signature below, has all kinds of lessons one of which is titled "Text Cut-Outs"

The lesson shows how to work up your design and making sure all parts of fancy letters are connected. In your case, you will also want to be sure to connect the letters to each other. I speak about this connection about 5 minutes into the lesson.
    AskBudClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Joined Letters.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	47001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CW-Signature.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	47002
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by mrstevens26 View Post
    I did find a font that image was made from, Looks like they were a hand drawing. I started to make a font of the drawings. Not sure if this will work. Maybe best to make a pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MontgomeryRichmondFont.jpg   3 letters cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

One thing I'll say is that that project has a LOT of thin pieces that will be end grain no matter how you place it on a board. I would surely use baltic birch plywood if I were making that-- and good luck
    Lawrence