Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lines.... Help

1. Default Lines.... Help

Hello,
    Here is my problem..I have lines in my carves , sometimes barely noticable but they are present. Here is what I know..

1. Not the bit . I tried 3 brand new bits same results

2. Not the pattens It happens on anything I do. I even created test squares in designer, same results

3. no play at all in the z truck assemb.

4. no wobbel with the bit

Here is what I did.

1. Cleaned pressure rollers under the rubber washers

2. replaced the berring screws and adjusted the z truck assemb. (no play) berrings move as they should.

3. lubed everything as they should.

not sure if I missed a step and YES for those that post look up lines in carves I did that too. and am woundering what else I could have missed..I can't afford to send this to CW to fix that is not an option for me...any input would be apreciated

Thanks Will

I would clean out the encoder on the back of the Z-motor. Just three screws. Pull the cap off and blow it out.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by flemingswoodworks View Post
    Hello,
    Here is my problem..I have lines in my carves , sometimes barely noticable but they are present. Here is what I know..

1. Not the bit . I tried 3 brand new bits same results

2. Not the pattens It happens on anything I do. I even created test squares in designer, same results

3. no play at all in the z truck assemb.

4. no wobbel with the bit

Here is what I did.

1. Cleaned pressure rollers under the rubber washers

2. replaced the berring screws and adjusted the z truck assemb. (no play) berrings move as they should.

3. lubed everything as they should.

not sure if I missed a step and YES for those that post look up lines in carves I did that too. and am woundering what else I could have missed..I can't afford to send this to CW to fix that is not an option for me...any input would be apreciated

Thanks Will
    I presume that your problem is seen with the Carving bit.
    What chuck are you using? What setting do you use when you load the memory card? Are the lines consistant in spacing and/or depth?
    Please take, and attach, a photo of your test squares (let us see the entire board, not just the square).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

4. Default

yes it's the carving bit....I use best quality when I carve and Use QC . lines are consistant but you have to really look to see them..I've been carving for about 3 years with my machine so this is new for me. I replaced the z-truck assem a year or so back and the QC about 6 months back. i'm cleaning the encoder as per unitedcases suggestion and will post pics shortly Thanks everyone for all your help

5. Default

I cleaned the encoder and still the same..Im charging the camera now I took pictures with my cell phone but you couldn't see the lines...they are very fine lines and the feather area is very rough

6. Default

I took pictures with my good camera but you cant see the lines in the photos...It happens with or without the use of a carrier board...i'm going nuts over this

What direction do the lines run? ..... X - Length of the board or Y - width?

How far apart are they spaced?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

8. Default

the lines run on the Y about 1/16" through out the entire carve very faint

I'm sure you have but check the rubber O ring on the brass roller and also that the roller spring is working.

It "sounds" as if it's cutting a slightly different depth on each direction with each pass. Tough to tell without seeing it. I would check the Z drive belts and cogs for any wear, damage or clogging with dust/chips.

I know you said the bit had no wobble. Is that BOTH in the bit to adapter and adapter to QC?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

10. Default

The rubber washer is on but it does seem that when you push down on the brash roller that it seems stiff compared to when you push on the black tab off to the side of it...the QC has no wobble at all on the bit or adaptor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast