Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lines.... Help

There should be a small amount of up & down movement in that brass roller with a noticable soft "spring" tension lifting it up. How about that Z belt? It seem tight, clean and OK?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

2. Default

brass roller def feels stiff...the belt looks almost new. how tight should the belt feel..should it be real tight or just slightly

Check for any obstruction around that roller. The belt should be tight with just a little side to side play. Also, you may want to check the screws that hold the Z motor and make sure they're tight.

I know you said you adjusted the Z truck bearings. With the unit turned off, make sure there's no play at both the top and bottom positions. If memory serves, that bottom right bearing being ever so slightly loose was a cause of lines for some folks.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

4. Default

Ill check everything you told me about first thing in the AM..wife wants to watch Doctor Who...I apreciate all your help and everyone elses aswell

Good luck and enjoy the show. Hope u find the cause.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

ChrisAlb, good to see you back on.

We had a Good Visit today, Chris looks Great.... Life on the Road is agreeing with him.

As for the lines....

1st possible cause is the Y Roller Rail Bearings have one bearing out of top dead center letting the head tilt. To check Grab the whole head assembly and try to twist clockwise then counter clockwise. You would feel the looseness.... Remember the 2 top Y Roller Bearings need to be adjusted to Top Dead Center or the most closed position.

2nd possible cause is the Z Rail Bearings and checked the same way.

3rd possible cause is the screws holding the Z Motor to the machine or the 2 screws inside the gearbox holding the gearbox to the Motor are loose.

4th possible cause is that the screws going into the bottom of the smooth 4 corner posts are loose letting the head raise on sawdust on the board.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08347_WEB.jpg   DSC06291_WEB.jpg   DSC06288_WEB.jpg   DSC06302x_WEB.jpg  

DSC08063_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

8. Default

@chrisalb nothing is loose at all I took the whole z assem off again and reinstalled it with same results..

@Digitalwoodshop I went through all your suggestions and all looked good...I snuged the screws tight on the 4 smooth corners and am running a test carve now..will let you know the results....

just a question on cost if anyone knows the answer. how much does it run to ship these things back and forth to CW

9. Default

yup still got the lines...damn....my wife wants me to stay away from it for the rest of the day so im in a good mood for easter.not sure why she would say such a thing happy easter everyone and once again I can't stress enough the input and help you all have given me so far...im woundering if I should just try and replace the z-assembly again not sure at this point...until tomorrow
    Thank You
    Will

10. Default

I don't know is CW bumps up the price shipping it back to you but I have shipped a few of these across the U.S. and they cost between $75 and $85 ground UPS if you buy and print label on line.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast