Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another box

Think it was KenM that posted a chest top for a small box, this is what I did with it, thanks KenM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0717.jpg   100_0726.jpg   100_0723.jpg   100_0720.jpg  

2. Default

Yep, I remember that thread. Your box is great, good work.

Great Job, The credit is all yours, Well Done!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Really nice to see one of my patterns carved (belt).

Great job
    Last edited by eelamb; 01-29-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I was staying out of this post, but yes the one he posted is the pattern I made. There are three patterns total, #1, the belt, #2 the dome top of box with raised end boards, and #3 of the straps by them self. I placed the belt and dome top in an MPC that has since been removed from the forum as well as the belt. If you are interested in this set that includes the above plus the front/back of the box with the raised boards on the end, just PM me.

Kenm is the one that showed the trunk lid using the belt pattern I made. I just took it further in 3D. I can not match the ability Ken has in designer.
    Last edited by eelamb; 01-31-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks again everyone. Originally I made the belt, thinking it would be great on a steamer trunk. I posted the belt, and KenM came right back with the belts on a domed top. Kenm, inspired me to continue with the steamer trunk pattern, and this is how it all happened. So some credit goes to Kenm for moving me in the right direction.

Since we are on the box making kick. If you look in the shared patterns on my site (link below), under objects, you will find other box profiles. Here are some images to show you what they will look like. Just size them to your desired size, carve them, miter the corners and come up with a top and bottom, add some feet if you like. Then you will have a lovely jewerly box, card box, etc for that someone special. Or I as I have done add a pattern to the center, or some text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails box-side.jpg   box-side-2.jpg   box-side-3.jpg   box-side-4.jpg  

Last edited by eelamb; 09-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Eddie

I am inspired. When I get my problem worked out I think I have a new project to try. Thanks for sharing

Bump since I edited the post before this one. Please read.

Eddie

Wanted to bump this old thread. The steamer truck patterns is on my site under shared patters, and objects. There you will find many more box sides, as wellas the steamer truck patterns. For steamer truck look at page 1, 2, and 5. Click on each pattern scroll down and click on download.

Eddie

An oldie but a good one. Box feet. Not made by be but shared here on the forum. See this box I made for my daughter with the feet attached. The main c-horse pattern was purchased from the store I believe it was eronam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c-horse-front.jpg   c-horse-top.jpg   feet.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eelamb; 09-04-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Eddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast