Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Project: Martial Arts Helmet Rack for School

Default New Project: Martial Arts Helmet Rack for School

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helmet_Rack-006.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	41378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helmet_Rack-005.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	41377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helmet_Rack-004.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	41376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helmet_Rack-007.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	41375

Here is a helmet rack I designed for a local Karate School. It is one of two identical pieces that they comissioned to store their practice helmets for sword fighting. The pattern of the cougar was bought off of the carvenow site (thanks John) and it worked wonderfully I think. The master of the Style is known as the "Panther" in national circles and so it fit into the design quite well I think. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Helmet_Rack 008.jpg  

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

very cool I like it

Yep, very nice!

Thanks guys... I'm not used to making big stuff but I really enjoy it. Only have one dellemma now because this is going to be hung on the wall and I don't know the best way to do that. Any suggestions? I thought about metal strapping screwed into the frame and studs but I don't know if that is the best.

Robert nice work on the helmet rack. To hang it, use a 2x4 the length of the rack. Cut it in half on the 4 inch side, at about 30 deg. Put one half on the wall using lag bolts into the studs, and the other half on the back of the rack. Also put a 2x2 on bottom of rack to level it from the wall. After it is hung you can use some screws through the top hanger to keep it in place.

Note just be sure the wall section has angle decline towards the wall and on rack decline towards the rack. I would pre drill the holes for the lag bolts.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Just a thought, http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...4030#post34030
    This is a post from about 3 Years ago in a Thread about making and using a "French Cleat" to wall mount - hang
    large or heavy projects. -- Their very strong and last nearly forever.

Ps. Really Nice Project!!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Thanks Eddie... I understand what you mean.. that would work great!

Thanks Ken... I think that is what Eddie was describing... at least that's what I got in my head.. That would be perfect! I love this forum!

That is the name of it, I did not know it at the time of post. Thanks Ken for posting it.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BushiBan25.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	41589

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to show a plaque I made for my Karate Instructor Master Zulfi Ahmed and Team Bushi Ban. They are celebrating their 25th year this weekend and I wanted to give them something special for the school. This man is a great individual and his school is top notch. Listed in the top 8 schools in the country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast