Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

OK here is when it sticks on the rotate.
    1) new board
    2) click on shell for patterns on right side
    3) choose a pattern, and place on board
    4) click on rotate
    Note rotate does not highlight, patterns on right side are removed. Select
    arrow is highlighted, but rotate is still the cursor.

Fix click on zoom, pan or rotate to highlight, then click on arrow for selection tool (cross hair).

Seems to happen only when the pattern leave on the right side.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Default If it's the Same Thing

Yep Eddie,

It's been happening to me also, I think it's been posted about before a few times.
    I have to click on rotate again to release it, to use the arrow pointer curser again ---- it can be a real nuisance.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default Flip Dimensions

In Designer, dimensioning vector graphics is very awkward. Some features are dimensioned from the centerlines of the board while other features are dimensioned from the board edges. Life would be so much easier if we had a Flip Dimension option. In other words Designer shows a dimension to the edge of a board then Flip Dimension would flip the dimension to the centerline or vise versa.

We also need a SCALE tool even if it only scales from the centerline intersection.
    Right now if I have a design on say a 14" sq. board and want to reduce it to a 12" board I need to start all over again. Plus go through a lot of mathematics to get there.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Default Scale

Quote Originally Posted by hotpop View Post
    In Designer, dimensioning vector graphics is very awkward. Some features are dimensioned from the centerlines of the board while other features are dimensioned from the board edges. Life would be so much easier if we had a Flip Dimension option. In other words Designer shows a dimension to the edge of a board then Flip Dimension would flip the dimension to the centerline or vise versa.

We also need a SCALE tool even if it only scales from the centerline intersection.
    Right now if I have a design on say a 14" sq. board and want to reduce it to a 12" board I need to start all over again. Plus go through a lot of mathematics to get there
    Try this as an alternative the a SW change.
    Place an "Edge Carve" on the project, and use a board the same width as the design you wish. If you wish, set the Edge Carve at a depth of 0.001 and use whatever bit you want. This should allow you to change actual board sizes, and have the project scaled to that exact size.

AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Try this as an alternative the a SW change.
    Place an "Edge Carve" on the project, and use a board the same width as the design you wish. If you wish, set the Edge Carve at a depth of 0.001 and use whatever bit you want. This should allow you to change actual board sizes, and have the project scaled to that exact size.

AskBud
    I don't quite follow what you mean, Bud. Could you explain that a bit more?

NOTE: when I need to re-size an entire project on a smaller board, I just make sure there are no attachments active, open a new board at the desired size, Select All (Ctrl+A) on the original project, copy, then paste on the new board, drag the corner handles to re-size within the new board dimensions. Pretty easy.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Resize

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I don't quite follow what you mean, Bud. Could you explain that a bit more?

NOTE: when I need to re-size an entire project on a smaller board, I just make sure there are no attachments active, open a new board at the desired size, Select All (Ctrl+A) on the original project, copy, then paste on the new board, drag the corner handles to re-size within the new board dimensions. Pretty easy.
    Michael,
    That works.
    However, if I'm thinking correctly, the machine will ask if you wish to resize whenever you place a board with a different width than the design. As I understand, a YES to this prompt will size the carve to the new dimension, and the "Edge" carve will be the determining factor in my suggestion.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Michael,
    That works.
    However, if I'm thinking correctly, the machine will ask if you wish to resize whenever you place a board with a different width than the design. As I understand, a YES to this prompt will size the carve to the new dimension, and the "Edge" carve will be the determining factor in my suggestion.
    AskBud
    Hi Bud,

I would assume the new layout would be made at the proper width, so that shouldn't be a factor. Unless of course (as you mentioned), if the user places a board into the machine that is a different dimension than the layout board. In that case, he/she can easily avoid undesirable scaling by following the steps in the Tips and Tricks - ISSUE 18 March 2009
    "Scaling and How To Avoid It"
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Guide Lines !

I'm still amazed that there are no guidelines available in designer to help layout objects that you don't need to align on edges or centers. Something similar to the guidelines that you can drag out from the side rulers of PS is what I am looking for. They are just there as a visual reference. While I'm at it, how about rulers ? Another item I'm shocked is not available.

I am well aware of the grid and sizing to to inches or some other increment but it's not ideal in many instances
    John

I agree that rulers (like a CAD program has) would be a big help, but; now we have a new version of the program I will repeat my earlier requests. I need a cross section view, so if I am carving a 2 sided box top I can see really how thick my wood is. Another good audition would be to have sloped added to the domes list. That would be left slope, right slope, top slope, and bottom slope. If you need a diagonal slope, you combine two of the others additive.
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I agree that rulers (like a CAD program has) would be a big help, but; now we have a new version of the program I will repeat my earlier requests. I need a cross section view, so if I am carving a 2 sided box top I can see really how thick my wood is. Another good audition would be to have sloped added to the domes list. That would be left slope, right slope, top slope, and bottom slope. If you need a diagonal slope, you combine two of the others additive.
    Clint
    Cant you kinda make a cross section view now by placing a carve region over the area you want to "become invisable" and setting the depth to the thickness of your board? (and then rotate to view the side profile.)

Doug Fletcher
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 03-17-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast