Thread: Adding a little metal to my projects

Default Adding a little metal to my projects

I sold one of my customers on the idea of having a metal horse on her sign, and I think it turned out great. She really likes her sign and is looking to order 2 more. Last year I took lots of orders but I was often asked if I could use metal. I didn't like saying that I couldn't. Well this year I was able to save up enough to buy a cnc plasma table, and like the title "adding a little metal to my projects" I'm looking forward to the creative process and what my customers and I will come up with. So the horse is out 1/8 cold rolled steel and it took just 1 min 45 seconds to cut! I'm still blown away at how well the plasma cuts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0042.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	40883

That looks great! What cnc plasma table did you purchase (brand, model)?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Excellent Project !!!

Good Luck with your Plasma Cam.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

Great looking project! I like the innovation...
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

I have a Torchmate 2x2 with a PowerMax 45. Didnt have the room or cash for the larger table. Which means I will need to index on larger projects. Now the hard part is figuring out how to charge for the wood carving and then the metal too.......... One thing i liked about the Torchmate was that it offers a router attachment so if I ever get too fed up with my CW I can carve over there.