Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: z-axis error 313

Default z-axis error 313

I keep getting Z-Axis 313 error message and cannot figure out. Comes up after putting in 1/16 carving bit and starts the homing process

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by trplbogie View Post
    I keep getting Z-Axis 313 error message and cannot figure out. Comes up after putting in 1/16 carving bit and starts the homing process

Thanks in advance
    What chuck do you have (QC, CT, Rock, etc)?
    Is the bit mounted correctly (length, per the manual)?
    Do you see the bit touch the Touch-plate and the wood?
    Where is the truck when you get the failure?

AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Thanks

Thanks Bud, I am using the rock, but some simple 3 in 1 oil took care of it for now

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    What chuck do you have (QC, CT, Rock, etc)?
    Is the bit mounted correctly (length, per the manual)?
    Do you see the bit touch the Touch-plate and the wood?
    Where is the truck when you get the failure?

AskBud
    Appears now that I've been hit with this 313 error. I've cleaned and cleaned and re-cleaned everything (even removed bottom plate and blew it all out). I also added another stip of masking tape to make sure that the brass roller was "tracking" on the board. I then changed boards just to see if it was maybe the board itself. Checked rollers real good and blew them out (especially by pad side.. pushed up and down while blowing out). Checked roller belts and they're good and not rolled or curled up anywhere. My error all happens when the first bit (1/8 cutting)is running it's initial test. When the cutting bit comes to the pad side after touching the kick out arm plate (all that is fine). At the pad side it goes up and down twice and then stays down (by the brass roller) and gives out the Z Stall Error 313. Was going to be my first project today. Any recommendations?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Appears now that I've been hit with this 313 error. I've cleaned and cleaned and re-cleaned everything (even removed bottom plate and blew it all out). I also added another stip of masking tape to make sure that the brass roller was "tracking" on the board. I then changed boards just to see if it was maybe the board itself. Checked rollers real good and blew them out (especially by pad side.. pushed up and down while blowing out). Checked roller belts and they're good and not rolled or curled up anywhere. My error all happens when the first bit (1/8 cutting)is running it's initial test. When the cutting bit comes to the pad side after touching the kick out arm plate (all that is fine). At the pad side it goes up and down twice and then stays down (by the brass roller) and gives out the Z Stall Error 313. Was going to be my first project today. Any recommendations?
    What chuck are you using (QC, ROCK, MUSCLE, Carvetight, other)? I had the same problem when I first got my rock and tried to use collars on the cutting bit. I found by removing the collar I could insert the bit a little farther in to the rock (about a 1/16-1/8 gap between the chuck and the top most cutting flute) and the problem went away.
    Doug Fletcher

chebytrk,

I had the exact same problem this morning. Tech had me take the flex shaft out of the sheath turn it around and reinstall it.

Everything is working so far, I know, I know....... I didn't say it made any sense....... I just said it worked.....LOL

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by spalted View Post
    chebytrk,

I had the exact same problem this morning. Tech had me take the flex shaft out of the sheath turn it around and reinstall it.

Everything is working so far, I know, I know....... I didn't say it made any sense....... I just said it worked.....LOL
    OK....... somebody has to do some "splainin'" cause it worked! It doesn't make any sense to me either. I took out the flex shaft core completely, flipped it (put it back from the opposite end that I took it out) and it's working. How or why that worked, I have NO IDEA. Can somebody in their infinite wisdom tell Spalted and I how this is supposed to fix a error 313? Is it a Obie Wood Kanobie thing that only masters are supposed to know? I'm glad I'm back up and running, just puzzled in how this fixed my problem.

Crap Jerry I hate to burst your bubble, but mine just stopped working now.

Tech said format to the card and upgrade my software. I hadn't done the most recent update, but he said that there are some updates that may fix the z stall error.

*Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by spalted View Post
    Crap Jerry I hate to burst your bubble, but mine just stopped working now.

Tech said format to the card and upgrade my software. I hadn't done the most recent update, but he said that there are some updates that may fix the z stall error.
    shhhhhhhhhhh..... Shanita (my CC) is still running. : ) Maybe she doesn't know that yet. Actually I'm on the latest update and just reformatted my card yesterday before I started loading stuff on it. Still doesn't make sense how the flex shaft "flipping" worked to fix the error 313.

Flipping the flex shaft must be the equivalent of the "did you try unplugging it?"

The wort part about a Z error is, there is no option to restart it again were it left off.... ok the worst part is the fact that you got an error message, but you know what I mean.

I hope the flipping works for you, there is no reason it shouldn't work...... or is there no reason it should work? I dunno, I always get those two confused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast