Thread: Chip Carved Bench

Default Chip Carved Bench

I saw this bench in a book somewhere so decided it would look pretty cool. This is the first modelling project with exact dimensions etc..lol ie not organic, and combining peices. The legs are wider than 14 so they have to be a glue up but line up pretty good. Was going to use the machine to carve out the holes in the legs for the bar but decided I will probably get the dimensions screwed up so doing them by hand. Same for joing the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bench3.jpg   bench2.jpg   bench1.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

That would be a nice project. Good luck and don't forget to show us the final piece.

Jpaluck,
    Man that's nice, very impressive! As usual!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    I saw this bench in a book somewhere so decided it would look pretty cool. This is the first modelling project with exact dimensions etc..lol ie not organic, and combining peices. The legs are wider than 14 so they have to be a glue up but line up pretty good. Was going to use the machine to carve out the holes in the legs for the bar but decided I will probably get the dimensions screwed up so doing them by hand. Same for joing the top.
    to bad you can't share would love to make one

This would be AWESOME as a POM. 2 benches a small little Octagon table....... would be very Cool....
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I was going to put this one up for sale for like $25.00 but I am too lazy to type instructions out for a project..I carved all the peices in MDF and they came out ok but havent gotten around to doing the double sided carves..ie make sure there are no kinks..anyways I put it on my site as a free model http://www.carvemore.com/Free_Models_Page_5.html my idea is material 5/4 or 1.5 inch..not sure if 5/4 will work based on depth of chips for double sided..was designed with 1.5 inch in mind. The legs are a glue up. The sizes are set from being imported via the stl importer.

If someone carves it post the results and let me know how it worked...if you like this one buy some other patterns when you need them.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Hi John,

Nice job on the project and thanks for the share.

no problem would love to see someone carve it..patterns are a hobby for me and a great stress releiver..and as addicting as carving
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com