Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone to hire.

Default Looking for someone to hire.

I would like to be able to take some line drawings and carve them on box lids. I understand this can be done using the DXF Importer, along with a drawing program. I have neither, and for the little of this I would do, It isn't cost efficient for me to invest in these programs. I would be interested in paying someone to put some drawings in the proper format.

Jerry

If you can get them in Adobe Illustrator format, you can use the free ai2mpc program to convert them. If you dont have that ability, can you post a sample of your images? Are they currently in a vector format or do you also need them converted from raster to vector? I'd be happy to help in any way I can. (no payment required)
    Doug Fletcher

Please email me at contact(at)go3d.us (replace (at) with @ ) for professional service at a low price.
    Thanks
    HT

Doug, you are very generous. Thanks for your reply. I don't have the ability to put them in Adobe Illustrator format. I would draw them on a page, and would have to send them in jpg. Jerry

Can you post a sample? I'm sure there are others here that would also be happy to take a shot at it. Or you can always go to HT and have them professionally done.

Btw... if you do draw and scan them, you probably would be better off choosing png or some other lossless format over jpg.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 07-29-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug. It will take me a few days to get a drawing. I may be ahead of myself, but just wanted to see what my options are. I'll be in touch.

Jerry

My wife needed a rocket pattern to "chalk" on to a quilt so she could sew it. I just took the line drawing, scanned it imported it into designer then traced it with lines, arcs etc. then I deleted the import. Turned out pretty good and wasn't that hard to do.

Of course it is a pretty simple graphic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector Rocket.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

That's an interesting approach. I'll give it a try.

Jerry

I sometimes look for a drawing I want - on the Web (Tons of Free Graphics there)
    Then I save it as a png file, import it into CW Designer and save it as a Ptn Pattern file
    to use as I need on my projects.

This was one that popped when I entered Celtic Line Drawings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Celtic Line Drawing.jpg   Celtic Line Drawing 2b.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

That's interesting. Are you saying that you can carve them vector from that? Jerry

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast