Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sculpting Program Freebie - Sculptris

Default New Sculpting Program Freebie - Sculptris

Hi folks,

I subscribe to the Kim Komando blog (she's a radio talk show host that covers all things digital) once in awhile she has some very useful programs freebies and today was one of them. She plugged a free sculpting program called Sculptris. Now I have never done any modeling and this program seems very easy to learn. The only thing is I don't know if it can be imported directly or if you would have to have a third party program to do that with. Maybe someone with more "know" can tell us. But here it is... get it while you can.

http://www.sculptris.com/index.html

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

It is a great program. It allow you to import and export .obj file and that was it. No height map (relief mapping) output so you will need another software to get the height map.
    Overall it's fast and smooth.
    Good luck!
    HT

3. Default

Kinda like playing with playdoh. Fun to use as doodling. Probably time consuming to create any detailed subjects like flowers or animals. Will play some more and try to import .obj stuff.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

4. Default

Found how to save a heightmap: go to OPTIONS and click on SAVE HEIGHT. It only save a .tif image. You can convert it to .png in photoshop or whatever you prefer. Then import into pattern editor.
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    Found how to save a heightmap: go to OPTIONS and click on SAVE HEIGHT. It only save a .tif image. You can convert it to .png in photoshop or whatever you prefer. Then import into pattern editor.
    Now the BIG QUESTION! Can you figure out how to begin with a portrait, give it the proper contour (Height/depth), and then bring it in to Design Editor?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Now the BIG QUESTION! Can you figure out how to begin with a portrait, give it the proper contour (Height/depth), and then bring it in to Design Editor?
    AskBud
    You mean from a photograph? I did not see a way to import a JPG and convert it to 3D if that's what you hope for. Still have to do the work by hand I'm afraid. BUT if you can find a .obj model somewhere and it loads correctly, you can easily modify it and then save it as a heightmap, then import it in pattern editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    Nice, how did I missed that one.
    Thanks.

Fantastic!
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

I downloaded it, played with it a while and it's cool, just gonna have to mess around with it more and see what it can really do. If anyone creates something with it and carves it please post it here so we can all see the results. Thanks

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Well the depth output is a bit too high. Even after adjusting the axis.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast