Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dust collection prototype

i would think also with a smaller tube you could attach to flex shaft and keep the cover on.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

kenrik did you ever try to carve aluminum? i would think the shoe would keep the metal shavings contained.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

I like the shoe idea, does it in way of the bit plate flag?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    I like the shoe idea, does it in way of the bit plate flag?
    I won't get into a lot of details right now because I'm testing different configurations, But I'll answer a few of the questions. The attachment will have a quick release bracket because you will have to do all pre carve setups first.... then when the machine starts carving you push the stop button, attach the vac. tube ( WILL TAKE ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS CHANGING A BIT ) and continue carving. The final version will fit under the machine cover and will share the same slot as the flex drive for the vac hook-up, so there will be no need to disconnect any safety switches or remove the cover. MORE TO COME !!
    Last edited by kenrik; 06-22-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Nice idea and it looks effective. But ...

I'm still concerned about the weight/stress on the axis drive. Have you done any testing to measure and confirm this isn't a problem?

I don't mean to discredit your idea, but these machines are known to be prone to X and Z axis failures. So I have a hard time justifying the risk for the reward when there are already other, very efficient and effective solutions available.

Quote Originally Posted by Caocian View Post
    Nice idea and it looks effective. But ...

I'm still concerned about the weight/stress on the axis drive. Have you done any testing to measure and confirm this isn't a problem?

I don't mean to discredit your idea, but these machines are known to be prone to X and Z axis failures. So I have a hard time justifying the risk for the reward when there are already other, very efficient and effective solutions available.
    As far as the weight, it just rolls along on the Y Axis and does not go up and down with the Z. Yes, long term the weight could be a issue but it would be a but no different than moving a bigger bit.

As far as there are more effective solutions, I would give other systems like I use and the one Bud designed have about a 90% effectivness... I am thinking this rig has more like 99% effectiveness.... GOOD JOB !!!!

I like the way this guy thinks..... would like to see his shop.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    As far as the weight, it just rolls along on the Y Axis and does not go up and down with the Z. Yes, long term the weight could be a issue but it would be a but no different than moving a bigger bit.

As far as there are more effective solutions, I would give other systems like I use and the one Bud designed have about a 90% effectivness... I am thinking this rig has more like 99% effectiveness.... GOOD JOB !!!!

I like the way this guy thinks..... would like to see his shop.

AL
    Thanks for the compliments !!.... greatly appreciated and you are right...as seen in the last sneak peek video The system is very, very effective. I was carving an AZEK PVC product in the video's on the draft mode setting to deliberately create the most amount of static cling, flying debris, and dust as possible.

Well I will ask what everyone else is thinking. Are you planning on marketing this awesome contraption and are you just using a normal DC system?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    Well I will ask what everyone else is thinking. Are you planning on marketing this awesome contraption and are you just using a normal DC system?
    Thanks for the interest !!. After a years worth of building and testing different prototypes I'm getting very close to the final configuration. The videos shown are of an earlier working model. It has evolved a lot since I shot those video's. When I'm finally satisfied with the results I'm looking for I will be marketing and selling the attachment kits.
    Last edited by kenrik; 06-23-2010 at 09:09 AM.

10. Default

Kenrik,
    Good job! That is a very promising looking addition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast