Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free DXF Files

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    When you import the DXF into the editor it simply generates a "line drawing" that you export the the Designer Software. Once it is there you can do with it as you wish ... designate areas as a carve region or simply specify the lines as a carved line using the bit that you select.

If you highlight all of the lines and select the bit that you want to use ... say the 90 degree V bit. Then Select a depth of the carve. It carves these as a vector, or like Centerline.

Lots of Funnnnnnnnnnn.
    I don't have designer loaded on a working PC what was that option they brought back for the V profiles. Where you could move the center point which changed the depth along the line. With that option, you could probably get close to a centerline carve on the vectors.

2. Default Png

Files import very nicely into our Designer Software.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Now! -- You Guys when and did it,
    I had to go and open up a whole New Folder
    just for DFX Files ---
    Yep, me too, new dxf folder thanks guys.

still need to create some of my own to share now.

Edit:

Ok now I have a question I opened metalheads wolf and deer in aspire, it appears to have unconnected vector lines.

Does the dxf imported connect these lines automatically and create a closed vector?
    Last edited by spalted; 06-07-2010 at 08:13 PM.

4. Default

You're welcome for my additions. I figured i'd stay off the forum for a while since i've boxed my CW but i've got a lot of dxf's made already. Some i won't use some i will but i'll play nice and share.

MH

I wonder?
    There are many free Scroll patterns out on the net. Would they be useful for this new software?

6. Default Trying to figure

that out right now. We need a way to import them into a piece of software as a JPG or whatever file format they are and they export them as a DXF file.

that out right now. We need a way to import them into a piece of software as a JPG or whatever file format they are and they export them as a DXF file.
    There are many programs that will take a line "raster" image and convert it to vector formats (vector magic being a pretty good one). Corel Draw, Illustrator, etc have this capability

Doug Fletcher

I have no idea what format scroll saw patterns are in usually, but my first thought was to open them in Illustrator or Inkscape and do a bitmap trace and export them as a dxf. It's only a theory...... unless it works.

9. Default I think

you might be on to something there.

you might be on to something there.
    Actually.. this isn't really new.. if you search on scrollsaw or scroll you see techniques for converting free scroll saw patterns for use on the cw/cc. Shortly after the 1/16 bit came out there was a bunch of posts on various ways to do this.... most popular probably being vectorizing to ai and then using ai2mpc for the vector creation of the mpc. But it is always good to have these topics rehashed every so often as new capabilities emerge and new forum members probably missed the earlier threads.

Doug Fletcher

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast