Thread: 1st Litho

Red face 1st Litho

Here is my first almost acceptable litho. I pretty much followed the instructions that I've found in the forums but the main limiting factor, I think, is the quality of the original picture. First thumb is of the finished product and the second is the litho lit from behind. The frame has a shelf/stand on the bottom that is just wide enough to hold a little LED light. It works but it isn't great. I hope to get a better pic and do another litho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pics 007a.jpg   pics 008a.jpg  

2. Default

Jaroot, you did very well on your first litho. I really like the frame, any chance on the mpc? The last litho I used a 15w night light, which worked really well.
    "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
    ~Groucho Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by twiceretired View Post
    Jaroot, you did very well on your first litho. I really like the frame, any chance on the mpc? The last litho I used a 15w night light, which worked really well.
    Here is the MPC. It does need to be "quickened up" a bit. The pattern is one that somebody (I know I should give proper credit but I can't remember) loaded up on the pattern sharing thread. I should have put a zero depth carve region over the cutout I'm sure that would save a bunch of time. As is Optimal takes about 5 1/2 - 6 hrs to carve. The carve requires: 1/16" carving bit, 1/8" cutting bit, 3/8" vector bit & 60 degree vee bit.

Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files