Thread: Problem with my CarveWright

Default Problem with my CarveWright

I've been having trouble with my carvewright machine. Everytime I go to choose a project, the machine asks if I want to stay under the roller. I normally choose no, but I can't choose anything. It is like everything freezes up on me, the only option I can choose is to stop. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Check your cables from the control pad to the main controller on the bottom of the machine. It may have been damaged by raising and lowering the head unit.

You might also want to reflash (download firmware to the card) from the Designer Flash Manager.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by GTS3 View Post
    How do I download firmware to the card?
    I think if you go to the flash manager from designer and format the card it will clean the card and update the firmware, but this is only a guess....... unless I'm right.

Default Firmware

Thanks. I did the firmware reflash...didn't work.

What version of Designer are you using?

Could be a bad keypad.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Have you tried to give it some time to see if it goes on? It may be the tooltalker going through it's thing...

I forget who posted this, but it was a CW staff responding to another post like this:

"If the CW locks up, you probably have the tooltalker setting on. From the main menu, press 0, 5, then up-arrow. It should say "speech enable" or "tooltalker" depending on the version. It should read "off"."

Good luck,
    Craig

Hey,

It might very well be your key pad. I had this same problem when my machine was still under warranty and LHR sent me a new one and that solved the issue. Hope this helps.

Mike