Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern help for Army Board

Default Pattern help for Army Board

I need the groups help again. I am doing a Sergeant Audi Murphy Club (SAMC) members display board for a unit here at Fort Sill and I need to carve the SAMC emblem as a plaque (approx. 10"x12") that I will then attach to the board. Normally, Mr. Bethke is my go-to guy on all Military emblems, but I am throwing this one out to the group for your expertise and help (I will happily pay for the pattern). The pic below is what I need. Sorry, it is the only pic I have, but it can also be found at this site in a bit larger version. http://www.audiemurphy.com/samc.htm

Thanks in advance for the forums continued support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sergeant Audie Murphy Club Symbol.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I need the groups help again. I am doing a Sergeant Audi Murphy Club (SAMC) members display board for a unit here at Fort Sill and I need to carve the SAMC emblem as a plaque (approx. 10"x12") that I will then attach to the board. Normally, Mr. Bethke is my go-to guy on all Military emblems, but I am throwing this one out to the group for your expertise and help (I will happily pay for the pattern). The pic below is what I need. Sorry, it is the only pic I have, but it can also be found at this site in a bit larger version. http://www.audiemurphy.com/samc.htm

Thanks in advance for the forums continued support
    That logo/emblem would make a beautiful relief pattern. Are there any copyright issues that have to be dealt with? I visited the weblink and it gives a short bio on the original artist and description of the elements represented on the logo, but did not address permissions/copyrights at all.

One thing that might be a challenge as far as the specific design/carving standpoint is the small wording on the banners - it is less than 1/4" tall at the 10"x12" overall size. Probably be best to leave the lettering off it altogether and "pen them in" by hand.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 05-19-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

That would look Sweet on a 6 x 6 Ceramic Tile in full color.... Something I can do....

Same process as the Fire Tags.

And yes, I would need to get permission to make it.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Sorry so long to reply (other missions came up). I don't think permissions will be a problem since it is a semi/quasi Army club and the boards are for those members and Army units that wish to display the members pictures and there is no financial gain by me or the unit that uses the emblem. However, just to be sure I have sent out an email to the SAMC lawyers to ensure I am correct. Financial gain by whoever assists with the conversion of the emblem through a grapics program for my use is another question that I have also asked about. Hopefully, I will receive a response from them soon. Mr. Bethke came through as usual with a wonderful rendition of the emblem for the CW and I will wait for the proper permissions to use it.

I am intrigued by the idea of the emblem on tile. That may be a nice idea for a plaque they give new members at induction into the club. Are you talking about lasers?

John

Here ya go JD.... should be fun to carve.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xz2iwnwuzjd/SAMC.ptn

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Sorry so long to reply (other missions came up). I don't think permissions will be a problem since it is a semi/quasi Army club and the boards are for those members and Army units that wish to display the members pictures and there is no financial gain by me or the unit that uses the emblem. However, just to be sure I have sent out an email to the SAMC lawyers to ensure I am correct. Financial gain by whoever assists with the conversion of the emblem through a grapics program for my use is another question that I have also asked about. Hopefully, I will receive a response from them soon. Mr. Bethke came through as usual with a wonderful rendition of the emblem for the CW and I will wait for the proper permissions to use it.

I am intrigued by the idea of the emblem on tile. That may be a nice idea for a plaque they give new members at induction into the club. Are you talking about lasers?

John
    John,

I do color Sublimation or color printing on a variety of substrates.

I am game... Let me know.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Looks great AL!

BTW It looks like you have an extra word in that Fire Dept Certificate - "For 25 Years of as a Life Member"

I hope you guys do some business - I would love to see the final product!!

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by c6craig View Post
    BTW It looks like you have an extra word in that Fire Dept Certificate - "For 25 Years of as a Life Member"
    AW never charges for extra words - doesn't have to, he has about a million shares in 3M
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    John,

I do color Sublimation or color printing on a variety of substrates.

I am game... Let me know.

AL
    Not to hi-jack the thread but.............

I have no idea if or how it would work, but I have thought it would be cool to do a combination sublimation/ litho of something.

Al - those look very nice and you definitely have my curiousty peaked as to what the SAMC emblem would look like and the many uses it could be applied to using the technique described. When I get the response from the SAMC association, I will see what the units want and shoot you a PM. Still no response from the association on free use or copyright infringements. I really don't think it will be an issue. I know if it is DOD then there are no worries because it is Government and in the public domain, but since this is semi/quasi Government, it will be best to check.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast