Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody seen this yet?

Sorry to hear about your neighbor. At least he had a job to go to. That place looks cool but then again it's a high production shop...boring after a while. Hope he gets well.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead781 View Post
    The CW isn't a tool it's just a toy to play with. I would trade ten CW's for a real cnc machine. I purchased mine hoping it would be at least a decent tool and it's not. It's just a toy. Yes you can do a lot of amazing things with this toy and when everythings going right most of us are happy with it. I just would never trade a real machine for a toy.

MH
    Sorry... I'm not going to feed the troll...

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Sorry... I'm not going to feed the troll...

Lawrence
    I couldn't resist.... Your a better MAN than I.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Legacy's prototype Personal CNC

Legacy's prototype Personal CNC

I have been thinking of up dating my manual Legacy mill when this mill comes out, it would cost more than my CW unit did. But it would have lots more functions.

http://www.legacycncwoodworking.com/arty-cnc/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20_fs...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20_fs...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBcAT...eature=related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030565.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 05-18-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

I wouldn't mind having any one of the Legacy mills.

"I want that, can I have that?......... please, please pleeeeeeese..I'll be good" ...... jeez, I'm worse than the kids.......lol

Wow, I guess I opened a can of worms with this thread which was not my intention. Sorry, to those who had to suffer through.

New info is always a plus.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Wow, I guess I opened a can of worms with this thread which was not my intention. Sorry, to those who had to suffer through.
    It is always interesting to read other folks' points of view. Good discussion and very enlightening.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I don't think you opened a can of worms! I hope I didn't fuel the fire I often have trouble say what I want to say, words get in the way! All I was trying to say was unless you have a need not to mention the money for a bigger CNC. The CW is a great machine and value including the software.

I am not an expert, but I have experience! I had the big machine and yes maybe it is due to being lazy for never using the SB? But as I waited for the missing bolts I used the CW more and learned the ins and outs and decided this was all I needed!

I have a small sign shop mainly I go to fairs and make the signs on the spot. I planned to grow at home, but as we all have experienced the economy took a dive! So I tried the soda business, not sure if that was the right choice!?

For the money the CW is a great value including the software and accessories. It has it ups and downs, but read some SB forum or a CNC forum and you will find issues with K2 CNC, SB and others!

LG has shown us all what the machine can really do and looking through the gallery many more amazing things!

So if anybody has the cash for a bigger CNC I would look at the SB Buddy and get the 48" wide model. It allows you to make 8 foot signs and still remain compact. It came out after I bought my 48" by 96" CNC otherwise I would have bought the Buddy and most likely still have it! They offer 2 models a standard and an alpha. I had an alpha and it is more in cost so you can get a 48' Buddy standard for $8795.00 or an alpha for $12345.00 and it comes with limited software, but for another $1000.00 to $8000.00 you will be set!

Myself I would stay away from the Shark, that is why I bought the K2. Looking back I wish I went with the bigger table, but that was more in cost and I already spent $3600.00 for the CNC and close to $2000.00 for software.

I just wanted to share what I have been through and I use the CW over any other CNC. That is just me, I had big plans for my big CNC and found out it was more a foolish desire then anything. Guess the grass is greener on the other side!

Ike

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead781 View Post
    The CW isn't a tool it's just a toy to play with. I would trade ten CW's for a real cnc machine. I purchased mine hoping it would be at least a decent tool and it's not. It's just a toy. Yes you can do a lot of amazing things with this toy and when everythings going right most of us are happy with it. I just would never trade a real machine for a toy.

MH
    Its actually a very versatile machine and can be used on alot of applications. For the price of the machine, it is great! You cant even barely touch some of the upper level "CNC softwares" for the price of the machine and from my experience the Carvewright Designer is a great CNC program. I am very happy with my machine and have used it to create revenue and open other doors to my woodworking business.
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast