Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    I think if you look at the PDF & Specs, again, you will see that the CarveTight is a 1/2" opening and that the Collets and Sleeves enlarge the profile to 1/2" as well. Since he has the 1/2" Rock, he is all set.
    AskBud
    You're the man Bud. Thanks for helping me realize that. I believe I know what direction to go now
    --
    John

I don't think LHR would want to stop selling bits to rock users but there are other available for example precisebits.com or eBay . Besides they will more than likely still be offering the Quick Chuck.

There are a couple benefits to my bits for the Rock Chuck users... The bits that i sell do not have flats on them so you dont have to consider the location of a flat during tightening. Also with no flats, the bits are better balanced than the bits that have 1 flat.
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

I have several of Ron's carve bits and 1/8" cut bits. They cut really well. When coated with Dyna Glide they seem to be lasting longer too. I do wish he had a 1/8" cut bit with a 1/4 inch shaft. It would eliminate the need for the adapter. One less point of failure would be better. This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the adapter.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

5. Default

Wanted to say thanks to Ron for shipping out my my chuck. It should be here tomorrow. I've got my cover off and my switches neutralized. I kept a toggle switch for the right cut motor switch just for a safety feature but doubt i'll put the cover back on.

Thanks
    MH

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    I have several of Ron's carve bits and 1/8" cut bits. They cut really well. When coated with Dyna Glide they seem to be lasting longer too. I do wish he had a 1/8" cut bit with a 1/4 inch shaft. It would eliminate the need for the adapter. One less point of failure would be better. This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the adapter.
    Hey Steve,
    Where can I purchase this Dyna Glide? Is it a spray and how often do you use it on your bits?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Jerry B, I did a search and found this:

http://www.cheyennesales.com/catalog/dynaglide.htm

CJ

Sounds like the DynaGlide might also be good for lubing bit plates, corner posts and maybe other 'stuff' too!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

The Rock Chuck as I understand it was a user designed solution to a weak design point in the CW, is that right? It replaces an unbalanced OEM part which has been blamed for some of the wear issues with the unit?

If that's true than the CarveTight is the OEM fix for the same problems... but it's not being marketed as a fix rather an "upgrade". Or is it also going become standard on all new CWs?

Quote Originally Posted by dmede View Post
    The Rock Chuck as I understand it was a user designed solution to a weak design point in the CW, is that right? It replaces an unbalanced OEM part which has been blamed for some of the wear issues with the unit?

If that's true than the CarveTight is the OEM fix for the same problems... but it's not being marketed as a fix rather an "upgrade". Or is it also going become standard on all new CWs?
    As I understand it the QuickChuck that is standard on the machines will continue to be. This is being marketed as an upgrade. Technically, I have never seen LHR say in any form that the OEM QC leads to any other issues. Many have had problems with it, many have not. MT for example had quite a few hours before upgrading with no issues with his QC.

I think if LHR offered the Carve-Tight as a fix and issued a recall, they would be out of business with that kind of expense...

Just my 2 cents..

Craig

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast