Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trial software mpc files work on full version?

Default Trial software mpc files work on full version?

Hi, new poster here.

I'm working on a elevation file (DEM) to terrain carving project and have been playing around with the trial software to see how that works. Pretty slick.

I'm not in a position to actually buy a machine right now so I was wondering if the project files created in the demo can be loaded into a non demo version and carved by another machine owner?

Basically I want to see if I can work on projects myself and then pass them off to someone with the mill to do the carving for me?

Thanks for the info,

dave

Quote Originally Posted by dmede View Post
    Hi, new poster here.

I'm working on a elevation file (DEM) to terrain carving project and have been playing around with the trial software to see how that works. Pretty slick.

I'm not in a position to actually buy a machine right now so I was wondering if the project files created in the demo can be loaded into a non demo version and carved by another machine owner?

Basically I want to see if I can work on projects myself and then pass them off to someone with the mill to do the carving for me?

Thanks for the info,

dave
    The demo version is the full working version. Only difference is the licensing.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Demo Version

Keep in mind the demo version will only work for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Keep in mind the demo version will only work for 30 days.
    Yeah I know, I'm going to work up a few projects right away and go from there. I'd love it if they had a software fee only (a reasonable one). It's not usable on any other machine so they wouldn't be giving away much and would probably attract more uses like me who have some limited specific projects and can't afford the whole deal... but might be enticed into buying after using a few times.

I see there may be a way to hack the demo into extending itself, but I rather just get permission from CW to use the software unrestricted. We'll see.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have no problem using my demo created patterns on someone else's machine... first hurdle passed

Default You'll be cursed!

I see there may be a way to hack the demo into extending itself,
    If you hack our demo software, you will be cursed with the feeling of sawdust in your throat for 7 years.

Wanna talk about "HACKING".

If you hack our demo software, you will be cursed with the feeling of sawdust in your throat for 7 years.

LOL, no I don't want to do it... I thought I might see if you guys had any special arrangments for people who get into parternships with other users who do own the machine and software.

That or a one or two time extension. Or I might be willing to buy just the software but I don't see any option for that on the site.

Any ideas?

dave

Cool Cursed!

lynnfrwd, -- Good One!

dmede,

If you plan to save any patterns you draw up in the demo Designer
    you might want to back them up, so as not to loose them when the 30 days are up.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

8. Default

Lynnfrwd,
    Good response, 21 minutes’ , that was quick. I doubt that anyone who wants to hack the software will post it on the forum, but then you never know.
    "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
    ~Groucho Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by twiceretired View Post
    Lynnfrwd,
    Good response, 21 minutes’ , that was quick. I doubt that anyone who wants to hack the software will post it on the forum, but then you never know.
    That's where I read about it

It's not a hack really but a method to extend the time period yourself... I shouldn't have mentioned it though, I have no intention of doing it. May not even work anyway.

Ken810, thanks for that tip, I'd hate to lose my work! The mpc files are saved directly on my hard drive as opposed to the "favorites" in the program so they should be safe, but you never know.

Just in case you didn't think "they" are watching
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast