Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit adapter bb's

Stan,

Your the one that gave me the idea , Ron makes good parts but money is tight right now so i cashed in a favor.

Thanks Michael

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it .
    Michael
    WA8MCI

Stan, I have seen your chuck. Looks like a good replacement. I'm sitting here debating with the wife right now about what to do. We have had to buy $85 worth of bits so far and it's hard to justify paying for the ROCK when the machine has barely paid for the parts I have in it.
    --
    John

I am getting a Chuck from Stan.... I am going to send him a bunch of my old QC's with the check.... It's on my TO DO list.....

I have spent half the day writing Quotes and answering questions about Tags.... That and trying to finish Tags and Board to SHIP....

It is getting BUSY in the Shop, at least the Fire Products part...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Finished the project with the lose bit. It looks like crap, but it will clean up ok for what it's going to be used for.

BUT, when I began taking the bit out of the QC, I found that the plastic housing on the check was cracked! One of the set screws had twisted out and pushed through the housing of the QC. What luck! It's a brand new bit; who would have thought the Loctite would have failed already!

Since I'm done with all my projects before I move. I'll wait till I get to the new place before getting a replacement. By then, the frustration will have worn off.

Thanks again for the advice all. Your help is appreciated.
    --
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12