Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunk Industrial Chain Lube With Moly and fried cable?

1. Default Gunk Industrial Chain Lube With Moly and fried cable?

Well i have tried every local store for the Gunk or Liquid Wrench and went so far as to e-mail Gunk to find a location that sells it. I went to the local NAPA store that Gunk said carried it and they can't even find it in their listings! My cable started to get very hot and smelled like burnt rubber a few weeks ago and i guess it's now literally cooked. I guess i'll have to buy a new cable I am almost afraid to even use the CarveWright. I'm not the happiest camper right now!!

Also is there a toll free number for CarveWright?

S. Gillies in Canada

Shawn,

We don't have a toll free number. So send me a PM with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. We may be able to solve your problems without too much hassle.
    Chris Rawls
    CarveWright Engineer

Shawn,
    I finally found the Gunk "Industrial Chain Lube with MOLY" at HOME DEPOT. LOWES did not have it. They had Gunk, but it was cycle and farm chain lubricant with petroleum, not MOLY.
    Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida

I found Industrial Chain Lube with MOLY at Ace Hardware in K.C.

Here's an interresting turn. Here in Questa, NM, MolyCorp has a, you guessed it, a moly mine. Bigest employer in the county! Had to special order 'Gunk" chain lube 'with moly'.
    Guess where this mega company does all their parts & lube buying-

The local Ace hardware.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Guys, I saw the Gunk Chain Lube at Home Depot as well. However, before I went to Home Depot, I found Coastal Industrial Moly EP Grease in a can, which has Molybdenum Disulfide in it. The engineer side of me says, this is better than a thin film of Moly a spray can would leave.

CW guys if you agree to warranty the related parts in the machine, I'll be happy to be your test pilot on this grease and let you know how it works. I am sure you can't possible try all the different lubricants there are. Please send me a private or public reply letting me know if that's okay and if so, what do you want me look for and any data I need to record. I have about 90-minute carving project waiting plus and another 40 minutes worth for other parts.

Thanks
    Munawar

7. Default

edited

Chris Rawls is definitely an LHR employee. In fact, he is the son of Mary, the person who answers the phones.

Jeff

9. Default Thanks Jeff. I sent crawls a PM *NM

edited

Two things that I should have added to my previous post: I would have been much more accurate by saying Mary, the unbelievably friendly person who answers the phones! The other thing is a suggestion. If you don't feel comfortable PM'ing Chris, just call the long distance number and ask him to call you right back. I have done that when my peak minutes were getting low and Chris seemed to be very happy to do it.

They really do bend over backwards to help.

Jeff

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast