Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dust collection

Default Removing dust and trash?

I owned my machine since Dec 2007, I think it is a great machine; this machine and my Legacy machine generate lots of Trash, (That's great to keep me warm in the winter).

THE COVER;

Through out of the past few years I had to take this thing apart a few times, With all the close cover stuff and the Z-axes errors - I think that cover part is useless, also the right side panel – both store the dust under the belts. I removed them both. (The cover keepers on my machine failed - check my post's)

I have now modified my Dust/rid thoughts. And still not damage my machine so I could buy a new cover that failed and replace the side panel. I might need money some day???

This is the way did it, see photos

The motor hose works to move the dust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image CW 5.jpg   image CW 1.jpg   image CW 2.jpg   image CW 3.jpg  

image CW4.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 04-24-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Now that's what I call a minimalist machine BJ. It's got to be just a bit noisy in your shop.

Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Almost looks like some kind of proto type of machine with out the finishing touch......but it still works.......

Default Question

BJ,

I noticed that you ran a hose from the "muffler" to your vacuum line. I know that it has a small bore, but there seems to be a lot of air being moved; doesn't it affect the air you can move through the 4" opening in the machine?

I was considering taking the "muffler" exhaust into a filtered area with the exhaust from that being fed into the carving area in addition to the one that you have.

I would appreciate your comments as I am still in the design stage.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Hey Doc, not sure if you've seen any of my posts but I use the muffler air and shoot it into the slot where the Y asis is. I use a hose from a small shop vac that just happen to fit perfect and pinch it a bit then put it in that slot over by the flipper plate. It keeps a lot of air moving and my ringneck adaptor picks it up. If you want I can put some pics on here tomorrow.

CJ

Default Muffler air

Jerry,

Yes, I saw your posts. My concern was not so much the introduction of fine dust back into the machine as it was a worry that the tubing would eventually clog if I fed it into small tubes in the carve area. That is why I wanted to filter it somewhat before sending it into the carve area.

There seems to be quite a bit of volume, that was what concerned me about feeding it into the DC system.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

I may be wrong on this one but I wouldn't think that it would clog your tube, that is unless you plan on making a manifold to provide you with multiple ports. I would be a little concerned that if you do use a manifold that you could restrict the air flow from the cut motor and may cause it to over heat. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the air from the muffler a way for cooling the cut motor?

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    I may be wrong on this one but I wouldn't think that it would clog your tube, that is unless you plan on making a manifold to provide you with multiple ports. I would be a little concerned that if you do use a manifold that you could restrict the air flow from the cut motor and may cause it to over heat. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the air from the muffler a way for cooling the cut motor?

CJ
    Hey CJ,
    If you would please post a couple of pics, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Ok, hope these are big enough to see. I've also included a pic of the I-switch that I use on my vacuum to when it's done carving the vacuum turns off as well.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    BJ,

I noticed that you ran a hose from the "muffler" to your vacuum line. I know that it has a small bore, but there seems to be a lot of air being moved; doesn't it affect the air you can move through the 4" opening in the machine?

I was considering taking the "muffler" exhaust into a filtered area with the exhaust from that being fed into the carving area in addition to the one that you have.

I would appreciate your comments as I am still in the design stage.
    I do not see any bad effects to run a hose from the muffler to my vacuum system. The muffler sock developed holes almost the first time I used my CW unit. I have my DC unit built into my stand, and blow all the chips through the wall of my shop through a four inch hose.

The clear plastic hose I use, 7/8 inch OSD, replaces the air duct that was built into the black cover that failed.

The system is not any noisier with out that cover; my DC motor makes more noise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image 21.jpg   image 1.jpg   image 23.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast