Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take for your machine to arrive?

Default How long did it take for your machine to arrive?

I ordered my machine about 23 days ago,my check cleared and deposited about 17 days ago.

Still no shipping confirmation as of today.

I ordered from a licensed Reseller not Factory direct (Another part of the CW learning curve?)

I was highly irritated already last week, and now I'm just F'ing livid.

As far as I'm concerned this thing should be sitting in my shop by now, but I don't even think it has shipped from the factory yet.

Am I out of line here?

How long did it take for your machine to arrive?

Wow! I ordered mine from LHR. Had it in less that a week.

I'd be all over whoever you ordered it from.

Who was it by the way?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Thanks Chris, thats about the time frame I thought.

I'm not sure I should mention any names here. He is an active member.
    I'm not looking to drag any crap into the forums.

I just wondered if my expectations are realistic.

He actually returned one of my phone calls (against his will), at that time I was given a few excuses and reasons that I was not made aware of prior to ordering.

If I had only known....................

I can respect that and I hope it's only a one time fluke. If he's a long standing memeber here, chances are it is.

But from your assesment, it sounds like you're being avoided a little??

I'd sure hate to see anyone else have that happen.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get it soon. It's simply a blast to own one of these puppys....
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    I can respect that and I hope it's only a one time fluke. If he's a long standing memeber here, chances are it is.

But from your assesment, it sounds like you're being avoided a little??

I'd sure hate to see anyone else have that happen.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get it soon. It's simply a blast to own one of these puppys....

Believe me, I would very much enjoy writing a scathing post outlining what I think of the situation, but this is not the appropriate place for that.

Fortunately I have other outlets to voice my opinions and concerns. Besides being a professional woodworker I'm also a freelance and assignment writer. Woodworking and construction industry trade publications as well as web content.

I can make myself heard, should the need arise.

For now I just need my machine, I already have orders to fill that involve a machine that is not in my shop!

As I said though, I just wanted to make sure I did not have unrealistic expectations regarding the time frame.

I may have to go pick up one somewhere and sell the one I ordered...... if it ever arrives.

Hello Spalted,

So sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your new machine. I'm sure you are as anxious to get started with it as we all were when we bought ours.

Once your check cleared, the machine should have been shipped the next business day, but that's just my opinion. However, something is wrong - I would call LHR directly and explain the situation to them.

If you bought through one of their authorized dealers, I'm sure they will want to know about this. Seventeen days after your check cleared (and no machine on your doorstep yet) is certainly an excessive time to have waited. LHR's phone number is 713-473-6545 or 713-473-6572

I hope they will be able to assist you in some fashion.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael,

I have spoken with LHR already, it's long convoluted story, but I hope it has a happy ending.

I should have asked a few more question prior to placing my order I guess. In this day and age I made the assumption that the transaction would take place in a quicker fashion. Although I think even in the days of the pony express I would have already had my order in hand.

The individual I spoke with was very helpful prior to placing my order, and I was more than happy to order from them...... hind site is 20/20, as they say.

If I had it to do over, I would choose to order my machine directly from LHR.

FWIW, I ordered mine through Lowe's on March 5th, I was told it'd be ready for pick up on the 12th and it's at the store waiting for me. That reminds me---gotta go!

Please note that the check clearing your bank account doesn't mean it really cleared. Usually takes 2-3 weeks for a confirmed transfer of funds with a personal check.

Quote Originally Posted by hogiewan View Post
    Please note that the check clearing your bank account doesn't mean it really cleared. Usually takes 2-3 weeks for a confirmed transfer of funds with a personal check.
    Yes, your correct.

I payed via Paypal e-check, it took 6 or seven days to clear before it was deposited.

I would just make a suggestion to anyone, ask how long it will take for your order to ship. I made to many assumptions that I should not have.

In this electronic age I expect much quicker service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast