Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Software 1.611 Breaking bits

1. Angry Cannot regress

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    The software will not allow me to install the older vrsion. Any suggestions?

The way I look at it. If it wasn't for the Proprietary software the machine would not work at all. Therefore no one would use it. Therefore, no one would buy it. Therefore the company would be bust. I've worked in the IT sector for long enough to know that if you can't have quality, you need more tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiagioli View Post
    The software will not allow me to install the older vrsion. Any suggestions?
    This is just a guess, but you will probably need to un-install the current version before installing the older version...In some cases you may need to rename or delete the Designer folder after the uninstall to remove files that it may have left behind...
    Jim

Smile

Haven't had any problems with 1.161 . Was kind of hoping they would have added a few second delay between the bit change and the time it goes to touch over the board tracking assembly. I am about to run out of epoxy. Sure like the new way of checking and maintaining the board tracking. I had a gui crash when I tried to save a new scan but it worked on the second try. I feel like CW is a good company. And wish to thank them for the great job they are doing to keep us informed and up to
    date. THANK YOU CW
    http://william.bowen.com/:)
    ("There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    - Herbert Spencer )

5. Default Good Job LHR

I haven’t had any issues with 1.161, but I’m not a heavy user. I think LHR does a very good job, and should be commended for all the enhancements’. How long has windows 7 been out, and already 17 updates, and there just trying to run a computer.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Bennett View Post
    While I could see the different lengths being a brass roller error I don't think thats the case here. I did use tape and the tracks look consistent along the edge and would a brass roller problem cause the board to feed backward?
    Ok, heres a picture of the bad text. It was weird to watch it. It carved the G and I fine, but cut off the right edge of the B. Then it moved over to start an S did 4 or 5 passes then lifted the bit and reversed to be over the right edge of the B and started carving backward, moved over to start an O and did it backwards again then the same for the N. I can see this as a brass roller issue as it has happened before but this is the first time I have seen it move backward while carving a letter.. wonder if its repeatable ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0002-14.jpg  

Do you have rubber belts on your unit?

LG

8. Default

No I have the original sandpaper belts, I really have to try to make it repeatable though, the board isn't slipping, the belts are running backwards when those letters were being carved. That is instead of standing at the keypad and watching the board move left to right (as viewed) it ran right to left

Default Need to see MPC

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Bennett View Post
    I tried running a project today that I *think* the software bugs got to it.

I am running two copies of the same object on a single board with a single MPC, the second one is just a copy of the first. They include lettering.

The first letters carved great, then the machine advanced to carve the second lettering, the first two letters carved fine then the rest of the letters carved on top of each other with the machine actually carving the letters starting from the letters right edge instead of left so it pulled the wood back into the machine as it carved instead of pushing it out, the letters are not mirrored, just carved starting from the wrong edge so they overlap.

Then it started to cut out the piece, each pass went a different length so it eventually finished the cut without tabs since the last pass put them in a different place than the previous passes. Then it pulled the board in to cut out the first pattern and went all the way past the board sensor, sat there a minute with the bit in the air running then creeped far enough to cause the roller to drop causing a board removal error. Tomorrow I will go back to the old software and try again. Late for work so have to post images tomorrow
    Could/would you attach your MPC, so we could view and test it?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

10. Default

I've already redone it to get a single copy of the project to run correctly, if it is a repeatable error I will post an MPC and steps that cause an error

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast