Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Software 1.611 Breaking bits

1. Thumbs down Software 1.161 Breaking bits

They have slowed the speed of the bit in the latest update when drilling a hole and did not slow the X or Y axis thus causing stress on the bits. I have broken two 1/8 cutting bits in the past 3 days with this function. I guess they wanted to sell more bits.
    Correction, it's version 1.161
    Last edited by pkunk; 03-03-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiagioli View Post
    They have slowed the speed of the bit in the latest update when drilling a hole and did not slow the X or Y axis thus causing stress on the bits. I have broken two 1/8 cutting bits in the past 3 days with this function. I guess they wanted to sell more bits.
    I also noticed the bit speed was slowed considerably. I have only run one small project since upgrading to 1.611 and it was just some vector cut outs on 1/4 material. Now you have me worried. I have some projects that use the drill fuction heavily.

Doug Fletcher
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 03-03-2010 at 12:17 PM.

3. Default

I have only ran two projects since updating to 1.611. These projects require 1/4 inch holes for mounting. I have reported this problem but could not get a date for resolution. At $40 bucks a pop I cannot afford to run this machine.

Default Bits

I have not broken any bits but since updating to 1.161 when I try to use the cutting bit the bit smokes and gets stuck. I am cutting oak at .3 per pass with a new bit. Any ideas?

Wow... makes me wonder if I should go back to the ol' SW version until this is resolved. I just bought several cutting bits and I sure hate to lose them cause of some SW quirk.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Guys,

This bug has been reported and a fix is in the works. We hope to have a fix released sometime before the end of the week.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

How do I go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetdesigner View Post
    How do I go back?
    This link should get you to 1.153

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_153.exe
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have seen a common thread here.

LHR's Quality Control must be terrible. A simple thing like this should have been caught before it was let out to us "TESTERS".

Thanks god I bought a used Compucarve.

Quote Originally Posted by alan.galbraith View Post
    I have seen a common thread here.

LHR's Quality Control must be terrible. A simple thing like this should have been caught before it was let out to us "TESTERS".

Thanks god I bought a used Compucarve.
    I agree with the "Testers" part but CC and CW unit are the same just different name they all are made my LHR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast