Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an opinion please

Default an opinion please

I would like some one to look at the pictures and see if they can tell me what coused the little indents in a few of the letters on the bottom. This was a test don on optimun setting.......................I do have to admit wife gave the flash card a bath but I let it dry for a few days and did another test with a pattern and it was fine...............Thanks Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0358.JPG   IMG_0359.JPG  

Rick - can you post the mpc - it looks like the text area isn't large enough, and is cutting into the letters.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I am curious which tool you used on this?... It looks like it has a witness around the bottom of the letters that are made from a flat bottom tool. Is this correct?

I also assume that this was a raster style cut?.. if so, that may be part of the problem..

Let us know....

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    I am curious which tool you used on this?... It looks like it has a witness around the bottom of the letters that are made from a flat bottom tool. Is this correct?Ron
    That's a great spot, Ron - almost looks like he was using the 1/8" cutting bit.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I was useing the carveing bit for the test, after reading your response I thought maybe iI didn't have enough room
    Attached Files Attached Files

how ever the second letter has it on the bottom side with nothing under it....Rick

You have used Raster and then inverted it. The marks are visible on the design, but disappear when you undo Invert.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You have used Raster and then inverted it. The marks are visible on the design, but disappear when you undo Invert.
    Man, I couldn't figure out what was up - you are exactly correct - all the text is the same, but two sets are inverted - it was carving exactly like the mpc showed in Designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg  
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I see what you mean when I zoom in on the pattern, I like the look of the inverted letters, is there any way to correct this and why does it only show up on some of the letters.......Rick

also why didn't it do it on the D???????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast