Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Vector Art 3D Models

1. Default Free Vector Art 3D Models

Attached to this message are two models in the CarveWright PTN format (zipped). These are two free samples from our 3D clipart website www.vectorart3d.com. I know there has been some interest in our products on this forum and we are currently figuring out support for carvwright file format on our website. I expect to know how we will do this in the next week or two. I will try to keep you updated here on the forum but for those interested you might want to register with the mailing list on our website. In the meantime I thought I would convert these and post them here for you all to use. I have also posted the jpeg images so you can see what you are downloading.

Any questions please email me. Thanks,
    James Booth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lilly_105.jpg   fleur_143.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the files its really apprecitated. Hope you guys do get the conversion thing worked out because there are some 3d files on your site I would like to get sometime.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the sample will give a run . Your patterns look great hope you make it work , I check out your site often

Can't figure what I am doing wrong - I can' get the free 3D items to work. I unzipped them, but when I try to open the Lilly or Fluer de Lis I get a message indicating that the file is corrupted or not able to be opened by the CW Software. I suspect that I am doing something wrong, how did you guys get them to open and use?

Also, thanks James - I can promise you, once I get this figured out and your carvings are readily available - I will be a regular customer
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpen
    Can't figure what I am doing wrong - I can' get the free 3D items to work. I unzipped them, but when I try to open the Lilly or Fluer de Lis I get a message indicating that the file is corrupted or not able to be opened by the CW Software. I suspect that I am doing something wrong, how did you guys get them to open and use?

Also, thanks James - I can promise you, once I get this figured out and your carvings are readily available - I will be a regular customer
    Just checking did you already import them into into your favorites in the patterns section?

No, what I am getting from the download is a .ptn format. The CW software won't allow me to import that file format. I have imported several other images - just can't get these two to import.
    Bill

That .ptn file is what you need, but Matty's link will show you a picture of how to get it into the library.

Thanks Aaron and Matty - I got it now, appreciate the help.
    Going to make some chips tomorrow - let you all know how they come out. I am really anxious to get some of James' work to try. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    Bill

10. Default

Bill, glad you got it sorted (with some help from the good people on the forum). I am currently waiting to hear from our web guys what it will take to add the PTN format to the website. I'll keep you posted.

One thing I found when looking at the CarveWirght software is that you will probably get best results using BEST bit optimization for our parts. More news as I have it, please post and let me know how the parts turn out. Thanks, James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast