Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GUI-Failure

I used to have that happen when I tried to open the pattern editor or save edited patterns. Jeff Birt told me to go into the properties and run as administrator. Plus another reason is like what Chief wrote, I had to delete some patterns I made for other members that I never used, but too many gave me the same error.

So I thinned out the library and it worked.

Ike

Ike,

I guess it was in another thread where somebody mentioned that all files were in that one Favorites.mpn file. I found it hard to believe and did a search on a few of the stranger pattern names and found nothing yet they were in designer. That told me that it is the Favorites folder that holds them. It doesn't make sense to me. The least that LHR could do if they insist on this idiocy is to let others know in their software manual. I'm glad that I now know of it and will back up after every use.

Chief

3. Default Multiple Favorites

I also had multiple favorites and found several that were named favoritiesNNNNN and renamed them (thanks to suggestions in this forum). My gui issues went away and my multiples disappeared in designer. Just wanted to state when these multiples appeared in case it may help someone.
    I was working in pattern editor and at same time attempted to backup my carvewright directory (not the smartest thing to do) to a jump card and got a corruption error displayed on the screen. Backed out of that and also out of designer. When I came back into designer I had multiple favorites. Both had patterns in them but one of them would not allow any editing.
    Anyway - Don't know it that will help anyone but wanted to offer it up just the same. I'm not trying to take any credit for the resolution. I resolved my problem due to reading the older postings.
    BobH

Good job! it boils down to a admin protection issue like trying to save to a pre burned CD rom.

LG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12