Thread: problems with cut path

Exclamation problems with cut path

My project is four coasters. It will carve the four patterns perfectly. The problem starts when I cut. The head will start in the right spot on each pattern, but will not follow the cut path on any of the patterns. Can anyone help me?

2. Default

You probably are going to need to attach the mpc file so someone can look at it, but don't do that if it is a purchased pattern as those are copyrighted

It is a purchased pattern. I have used this same project many times with no problem, so I don't think it is in the project. But I could be wrong.

things to check or do.

Do you have masking tape on the board edge that runs on the brass roller?

Is the board cupped or bowed? Does it have a good flat/square edge? Could be loosing contact with the brass roller

What is your head pressure? To low or high the board will not move correctly through the machine.

What is the temp in your shop? to cold and the machine will not work right...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I'm guessing that the bit is cutting a circular path, but not where it's supposed to. If so, the machine is losing contact with the board - the machine thinks the board is someplace it isn't. That's typically caused by either the board losing contact with the brass roller because of it being warped, or the roller is missing its rubber o-ring, the other possible is the board's edges not being parallel to one another, causing the board to hang up. Send AW's kids to college and use masking tape along the bottom edge of the board along the roller side, and check for the o-ring, and squareness of the board. If those are all well, could be head pressure. What else am I missing??
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

You need to go on Millionaire, Mr. Harris, with those fast fingers
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    You need to go on Millionaire, Mr. Harris, with those fast fingers
    Some times I do get there first!!!
    It does help when the question is one that has been asked many times and the answers are usually the same!!

I did forget about the O ring though!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Smile

Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't using the masking tape. I put that on and it runs great, again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by uabrother198 View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't using the masking tape. I put that on and it runs great, again thanks.
    Glad to hear that was your problem!!

Digital Al will very happy!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright