Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatal Error ( 3)!

Al.
    Again, we don't know what they need or what is used as the offset to store from, just checked my card and orig file was 1791K and space available was 3496K. Seems like that should be enough space but then again, a programming issue probably isn't only about memory available.
    Again, thx for the feedback, as we know, multiple perspectives help.
    Rick H.

Default A little bump for us Newbies - Fatal Error 3

I ran into the "Fatal Error 3" message about 60% of the way through a 6 1/2 hour carve. Thanks to other forum members experience and recommendations I was able to salvage the carve. Two small points worth noting to add to the collective Forum knowledge.

To set this particular board and avoid a knot I had set the board location to Jog To Edge at a pencil mark that would keep the carve away from the flaw. When I jogged to that point I recorded the LCD measurement (don't really know why).

Without re-reading the Forum, I left the board right where it was, turned the CW off and took out the card. Back to my PC to create a blank carve (0.0" depth) covering most of the already carved area. To set up the machine again (board was still in place) I just loaded the "new" project and jogged back to that same exact start location.

The carve picked up again doing an air carve for about an eighth of an inch before the carving bit chewed wood again. Happy to report the carving tuned out flawlessly some 2 hours later. I learned to start a project at a recorded location and not to put a project on hold for 2 hours while carving. Above all I'm glad there was a work-around that others had already posted to help us all. Thanks to those who have posted this solution in the past.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Default Error 3

I was told that error 3 some times comes from low power or power suplly going bad, turning on vac at or just before power up , running to many thing on same circut .

This could happen many times in the shop. We all use tools with high draws at start up.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Is there a auto sleep setting on the setup menu.... I think I have my Sleep off.... Wonder if overnight your machine is going to sleep?

I am still thinking it is something to do with a big project and the machine storing the stopping data and not having enough RAM or Computer Random Access Memory...

I would love to have someone do the stop thing on a big project that they already had a Fatal Error on after 9 hours... Run the project and press STOP 75% through and stop the machine. Then Start it back up again... That will tell us... It's Time Related.... Machine going to sleep... Or it is a Memory problem....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Just to add my voice....same thing happened to me this eve.
    It was an 8 hour carve...70% done and I stopped it while some guests were over. They left, I went out and hit enter. Vacuum was not on, no other tools on...in fact, only one light on in the shop. I got the fatal error 3!.

It will be the last time I stop a carve...I don't like risking valuable wood and clearly stopping large carves on the other end of 50% is a high risk.

6. Default

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when this happened to me it was a stuck roller. You can check your sensors on the unit display. The second time it happened it was a bad power supply.
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

1 had a few projects stop on me an had to start project over with same board an it found the same spot

boy would like to know about this o carve reagion how do you do that

Quote Originally Posted by baby15 View Post
    boy would like to know about this o carve region how do you do that
    Just add a carve region (Box) a bit shorter than the previous section carved, and set the depth to 0.0. Reload the project on the card and begin again.

You may need to apply masking tape to the face of your board so the sensor, under the truck, does not abort the project.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12