Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Not a good idea to use the fence when cross cutting, it could bind the board and cause problems.

A Sawstop ok I am jealous! If you need any help just ask I have been woodworking since the 7th grade and I am in 10th grade now! I wish!!!! I am old now!

Ike

PS I wrote this before reading Lawrence's post he brings up a good point and a very nice crosscutting jig!
    Never underestimate the tools I was cutting very early on moring back this spring cleaning up a last super with a band saw. had done it sooo many time before when this time the band new balde just reached out there and said hello just above the hand joint on mt left pinkie

Went is about inch in to the bone now have no feeling except bruning pain

not 2 weeks later the same tool got me again in the other side of the same hand.

Now the sucker is chained down in a corner and starts sniffin the air when I walk in

like ridin a bike ..when you think you got it whipped it will come back to let you know whos boss and Road Rash sucks

Wow Hess, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are well enough now to practice your craft though.

Do I recall you saying you got yourself a Sawstop or was it someone else? If so how do you like it?

I had an interesting conversation with the sales guy from Sawstop. Asked him when they were going to get that technology on some other equipment, and he said they had a couple things in the works. Everyone wants a bandsaw but he said the next will probably be a radial arm saw. They are having trouble with the engineering to keep the bandsaw together and usable after the brake trips.

Craig

3. Default

Craig, Thank you for bringing this up. It’s a good lesson and refresher for us casual users of the table saw.
    "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
    ~Groucho Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by c6craig View Post
    Wow Hess, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are well enough now to practice your craft though.

Do I recall you saying you got yourself a Sawstop or was it someone else? If so how do you like it?

I had an interesting conversation with the sales guy from Sawstop. Asked him when they were going to get that technology on some other equipment, and he said they had a couple things in the works. Everyone wants a bandsaw but he said the next will probably be a radial arm saw. They are having trouble with the engineering to keep the bandsaw together and usable after the brake trips.

Craig
    Nope no sawstop but they look neat bet they are $$
    Im cool goes with any trade always ways to get hurt

Not sure of teh exact price, but just stumbled across a site that has an cabinet makers tablesaw complete with Sawstop for $3500! That right there is two CW's!
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Yes, the 10" Professional Cabinet Saw runs right under 3K with a 36" fence. By the time you add a mobile base and an extra brake cartridge for regular and dado blades, extra table insert to make zero clearance insert, and an outfeed table the whole thing comes to right at 4 grand.

It's a nice saw though and comparable in price to the same size saw with those features in Delta's Unisaw. Those were the two I was looking at, but the safety aspect of the Sawstop won me over.

Craig

I did see the infomercial a while back for the sawstop.. but i dont recall them saying what the rebuild cost was once the mechanism is activated. Does anybody know that off hand?

Doug Fletcher

I recall a figure of $125-$150 for the cartridge. Also factor in the cost of a new blade.

I saw an episode of Time Warp with the inventor of the Sawstop putting his little finger into the blade while they videoed with high speed cameras. Really amazing (and a bit uneasy) to watch. Not even a scratch on his finger.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post
    I recall a figure of $125-$150 for the cartridge. Also factor in the cost of a new blade.

I saw an episode of Time Warp with the inventor of the Sawstop putting his little finger into the blade while they videoed with high speed cameras. Really amazing (and a bit uneasy) to watch. Not even a scratch on his finger.

Rob
    I saw that one too!!! Even knowing what it is supposed to do.. i dont think you coulld ever convince me to do that on purpose!!!!

Doug Fletcher

Cool SawStop

For those who didn't see SawStop In action -- "Ouch!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mzhvMgrLE
    Last edited by Kenm810; 11-09-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast