Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Tree Candy Dish

Default Christmas Tree Candy Dish

Seeing Michael's leaf dishes inspired me to try making a two sided carve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tree dish 1.JPG   bottom.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by STEAM; 11-25-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Gimme Steam.

Tim,

That's an awesome idea! Everyone loved the pumpkin one that was posted and of course the Leaf project.

I hope to see some of the pattern and design experts help you to perfect it and maybe even a few different versions!

Thanks for posting this!

Craig

Hello Tim,

What a really great Idea I am most likely going to carve this one.
    I made some changes to your MPC.
    My reasons are; with the depth at .750 on the top/front side of carve the edge out line will leave no support to the board and will fall out before you get to the cut out phase. So I put taps on the back side carve, and on the front- with the connect lines tool I put in a carve region set to 0 depth, I then removed the cut path and assigned a 1/16” bit path set at 0.050 depth that will be a vector cut and should cut threw with the taps holding it to the board. Only the carving bit is required for this set up.
    These are just my thoughts and the way I will carve it, maybe some one else will step in with how to pierce cut out.
    Thanks again for the MPC and a very cool pattern.
    Good day ~ Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tree dishRevRDmpc  .jpg  

I love this!! If machine ever gets fixed we will try it.

Dolores

Thanks for the help Ray.
    Even though I have had my CW for two years I haven't had much time to use it. I have a lot to learn about Designer and seeing how others set up patterns is helping me learn. Thanks for the directions on how you redid this one.
    Last edited by STEAM; 11-08-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Gimme Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    I love this!! If machine ever gets fixed we will try it.

Dolores
    Thanks Wilbur. I hope you get your machine back soon and in time to make things for the Holidays.
    Gimme Steam.

Default Tree Dish

I thought this looked good, so I carved it. I am too new at this to really say anything, but I think it could be a little deeper and the pattern rout at the end could be a little deeper. Had to usw band saw to cut out.

Attachment 27963

Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    I thought this looked good, so I carved it. I am too new at this to really say anything, but I think it could be a little deeper and the pattern rout at the end could be a little deeper. Had to usw band saw to cut out.

Attachment 27963
    JMD
    I agree with it needing to be deeper. That's one thing I haven't figured out how to do. Your carve looks good though.
    Gimme Steam.

Thank You for the kind words. Didn't want to be too crticila, just an opion. I hope to someday add something to the forum. And thanks to all who pyt your pattrens for us to see.

JMD,

Looks Great in your picture, I can see I did not put to much time into the design as I can see the carve region at the top, I was trying to show a method to not having the pattern fall out and did not see that it was set to high at 0 this MPC is set to 0.010 leaving the original top of carve but will carve beyond the tool path I also changed the tool path depth to 0.100.
    The depth of the dish out needs to be changed in the pattern editor I believe, unless KenM can do it- I have seen him do some things that I did not think possible.
    I may start over on a different tree for fun but I do like Tims design.
    I am still learning also I hope to never stop learning
    Work is Play ~ Ray

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast