Thread: any ideas ?

Default any ideas ?

i have been asked to do a sign for abby farm supply - they sell new mahindra tractors and equipment. i would like to know if anyone has anything they would share that might work or any ideas. thanks

Default Tractor

Here is an idea.
    Go to their WebSite and grab a picture that looks sharp and COPY it.
    Bring it into Designer and make a pattern, and then build around that basic idea.
    Here is the site and my fast testing. I did no editing, just did a quick and dirty test.
    http://www.mahindrausa.com/tractorAllSeries.php
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TEST.JPG   TEST 3.JPG  
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Be very careful about doing that. I'm sure all of the images are protected by copyright. You would need to contact Mahindra for permission before using the likeness of any of their tractors in a sign for Abby Farm Supply.

Rob

Default Copyright

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post
    Be very careful about doing that. I'm sure all of the images are protected by copyright. You would need to contact Mahindra for permission before using the likeness of any of their tractors in a sign for Abby Farm Supply.

Rob
    My thinking was that the company/store was asking for the work and would authorize, in writing, the picture selected.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

If you go to the corporate website you usually get the copyright policy listed. Many do not give branch stores the authority to authorize the logo or image. Mostly because they want to maintain the quality of the logo and not let a poorly done logo influence the public that if they can't get the Logo right then the product must be junk....

Then places like American Legion, VFW, and Boy Scouts... They make money licensing the rights only from the Corp Office....

If your making money off the job you can be in big trouble if they come after you. Local Branches don't normally have the athority....

Be Careful !!!!

I follow the Laser Engraving and Vinyl web sites and Copyright comes up on a regular basis with NO being the reply from businesses requesting use. Even stories of Cease and Desist Letters...

I have requested permission to do the Krispy Kream Logo and Red Hat Logo and was shot down and both sent a follow up letter warning me that use of the Logo would put me in Legal HARM....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-15-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default just amke sure you cant

read the name on the tractor and you should be o.k.
    their tractors look a lot like other tractors to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post

Rob
    If Abby is a licensed dealer for Mahindra, they will have permission to use the images on flyers and the like. To make a sign not supplied by Mahindra they need to contact their dealer rep and let him know their intentions. They should grant permissions but will retain right to the sign if Abby loses its dealer ship. I would look for a generic tractor or take a photo of a Mahindra on a digital camera and then you can use it without permissions. My family owns an equipment distributorship (not Mahindra) and they generally are not too picky especially since it is advertising for them at no cost to them.
    Dan

thanks guys. that would be great but my image editing is terrible. i saw a sign a while ago with a tractor plowing a field that someone made. it was agreat sign would like to have something like that or if they bought the pattern tell me where i could get it. i do appreciate the ideas though. i also checked and they said that using the pic was part of their contract - no problem