Is it possible to carve a photograph

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Is it possible to carve a photograph
    Yes it is very possible here is an example
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Family2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by robbrigg2 View Post
    Yes it is very possible here is an example
    Robert would you care to expand on this? my faces always mess up
    BTW you how to on phto shop was good except I dont have the magic eraser I have PS5 so maybe its too old

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    Robert would you care to expand on this? my faces always mess up
    BTW you how to on phto shop was good except I dont have the magic eraser I have PS5 so maybe its too old
    Hi Hess,

On the magic Eraser you should still have it if I am not mistaken. It's been part of Photoshop for a very long time. You just need to look for it. I put some pictures to help you find it. See below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg  

As for the faces, what I have found is less is better. I used to carve them all deep and raised but they always washed out. I thought I could get creative with my staining or possibly paint them but I am not that talented. THen I tried shallow and inverted with a little torching and walla I got all of my detail. I still am trying to learn how to torch without causing a lot of burning (just ruined a good picture of Abe Lincoln because of this) but I think its my cheap torch more than anything.

Here is the file I used for the project I showed below so you can see how I set it up.

Keep in mind to get clear detail you need big pictures... the bigger the better. Shrink them and they look just as good. I have my digital camera set on highest quality. If I get an image off of the web I look for large files and then work on them.

I don't know if this is answering your question but if not keep asking and I will do what I can.

THanks

Robert

Here is the link to the family picture I made for myself

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1...4e75f6e8ebb871

Quote Originally Posted by robbrigg2 View Post
    Hi Hess,

On the magic Eraser you should still have it if I am not mistaken. It's been part of Photoshop for a very long time. You just need to look for it. I put some pictures to help you find it. See below
    Hey Rob thanks for the input. I just pulled up my PS and my eraser does not have the little black checker thingy. under options I have erase entire image and a copy eraser other than normal fade and stuff maybe I dont have a full setup it came with the pc

when you say you are bruning them what are you using I have gas and 02 tank setup use to burn all kinds of stuff while welding years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    Hey Rob thanks for the input. I just pulled up my PS and my eraser does not have the little black checker thingy. under options I have erase entire image and a copy eraser other than normal fade and stuff maybe I dont have a full setup it came with the pc

when you say you are bruning them what are you using I have gas and 02 tank setup use to burn all kinds of stuff while welding years ago lol
    Right now I am using a cheap little propane torch but I need a better, finer control over the flame that what I get right now.

I am a little confused here guys. What is it that you are torching and for what reason?
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Alford View Post
    I am a little confused here guys. What is it that you are torching and for what reason?
    if you take a bit of heat to wood and let it discolor just a bit it add some flavor to the pic. I'm not sure but some of Ike's signs look like they have been to the flame but maybe not. if done right it can be like adding shading and contrast?

on the other hand it also is descriptive what happens when I mess up something and have a weenie roast

OK. I was under the impression that since the post was referring to photographs that we were talking about lithos. But I see upon closer examination of Robs picture, it is wood. I did not understand why you would want to take a torch to corian, they don't play well together!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast