Thread: Reconditioned CC

Default Reconditioned CC

I bought a new compucarve from Sears about a year ago for school (I am a shop teacher). But I am thinking about getting one for myself for home. I see that the reconditioned machines cost much less. Has anyone had any experience with reconditioned uints? The reviews on Sears.com are mixed.
    Bob Campbell
    Farmington Central High School
    Industrial Techology Teacher
    Using v1.185
    Build 10343

Good to see you getting one for your home..

You never know right? but if you can get a warranty you should be fine..

LG

I can't find any information online about warrantee for a recon. unit. I hate to buy one and end up having nothing but trouble with it. The one at school works pretty nicely after I learned its quirks.
    Bob Campbell
    Farmington Central High School
    Industrial Techology Teacher
    Using v1.185
    Build 10343

Sears Recon. CompuCarve has a 6mon. limited warranty. Purchase from anyone else and there is 0 (zero) warranty from what I understand.

Rob

Also, there is no option of an extended warranty with a recon. unit. I bought mine new and paid an extra $300 for a 5 year warranty

If I could I would return the machine I got direct from LHR and get one from Sears with an extended Warranty. (Can't believe LHR doesn't offer it). I would pay $500 for the extended warranty. It would be worth every penny to be able to take the machine down the street to Sears and return for repairs rather than spend $150 for shipping to LHR and then only for a short life warranty.