Thread: Hot, Hot Hot

Default Hot, Hot Hot

I lubed the Flex shaft last night ( with recommended lube ) and let it drip dry, checked there was no excess on it.
    I started a small 5x5 corian carve this morning and half way through carve the flex shaft is really hot, never had it anywhere near this hot before, could hardly touch it so could someone please try to help me with this.

Should I remove core again and reseat it or ????????????????????

Thanks

Colleen

I would pull it out again and make sure everything is seated properly. When you seat it to the motor rotate it and make sure you can feel the resistance of the motor. Than make sure it's in all the way to the spindle and rotate the qc to also feel for the resistance. I would start there just to double check.

Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

You used Chain lube with Molly correct?

Remove the flex center shaft and SPRING. I am betting you have a kinked spring and it is metal to metal rubbing making the heat.

They don't sell the spring just the whole flex with rubber, spring and core.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I removed the flex center shaft and spring, wiped over it again in case there was still excess chain oil and yes it's with moly and reinserted it and by golly it worked great, still a little hot but I'm hoping by next carve it will be running just slightly warmish.

Thanks so much for your input.

Colleen