Thread: Clear board sensor

Default Clear board sensor

I know this has been gone over many times and I have read all I have found. I have done everything suggested.

I have cleaned sensor. I have taken sensor off and cleaned but it had no dust in it so I cleaned anyway

I have swapped board many times and have used tap.

I had this same problem the other day and worked on it for two days. I noticed that my board was 14.75" W and it should have been 14.25" W so I cut it down to 14.25 and low in behold everything worked fine. I went through three bit changes and finished up today. I know the board size should have made no difference but it worked so I would not arguer with that.

I though I had found the problem. I cleaned machine and started another 7 hr carve and now I am getting the same problem.

The sensor works fine measuring the length but when it comes to measuring the width it stops and I get clear board sensor.

I have been through different software programs and have found nothing that's works.

Anyone know of something I have not done.

HELP

Wilbur

Have you checked the roller pressure,
    to high or to low can effect how the board sensor sees the project board,
    the same problem may happen if the carriage " Head assembly" is not level.

Just a couple of theoughts
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Thanks. I have and that is good. I get a sensor reading of 31 which is to low. I get 0 as the sensor goes off the board.

I just can't think of anything else to do.

Wilbur

White Copy Paper.... Is a Standard as wood color can be different shades of brown. Head down on wood, slide white paper in.

156 GOOD 34 BAD... Sensor had 2 LED Lights and 1 Receiver. The LED's break off of the board and only one works.... This causes errors and low numbers.

You can cut down the back of the sensor and remove that flap. If the LED falls out then you found the problem... LED stay in... Slide the plastic window out and clean the back side.

Use tape to seal it back up, be sure to catch the edge of the plastic window.

It is is bad, order a new sensor.

To make troubleshooting the sensor buy a extra 4 wire board detector cable and plug the spare wire in on the TOP. Then plug in the new sensor, this measures and tests the sensor and electronics back to the computer.

DO THIS with the POWER OFF.... Plugging and un plugging....

I have had a pinched wire for the board detector and that caused trouble...

Picture 1 shows one LED missing that broke off upper right. New boards have glue to hold the green board to the black plastic ending the broken LED's. Picture 2 cable with pinched shorted wire, black lower center. Picture 3 See where the board detector cable plugs in to the green board on top. 4 and 5 masking tape fix.

Let us know...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09541_WEB.jpg   DSC08507_WEB.jpg   DSC08496_WEB.jpg   DSC08509_WEB.jpg  

DSC08510_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-01-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks AL

I see and understand what you are saying.

I went out to the shop and did what you said.

placing the paper under the sensor raised the reading from 28 to 41 and using the clear poplar 14.25" W board. The machine would not measure the board. It gives me the clear board sensor and stops everything. This board has been working good for a while.

Strange thing is that I put in a 6" W red cedar and everything works fine. The sensor reading now is 48.

I did the same thing yesterday with a 6" W poplar. "workrd fine"

I go back to the 14.25" W poplar It want even measure the board with out stopping.
    I have sanded the board plus used masking tape plus stained the edge with red oak stain that is close to the cedar, still nothing.

Order a sensor then cut the old one and look at the LED's or clean the window.

Here is a trick.... While looking at the numbers shine a VERY BRIGHT flashlight on the board and see what your numbers are.

I bet they will go up.... You will need to shine the light the whole time the board is measuring width and length. Might get you carving until you can get a sensor... VERY Bright light....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks AL
    I will get on this tomorrow. Looks like this is the way to go.

Wilbur

Thanks Al

I have the same problem .

Michael

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it .
    Michael
    WA8MCI

I just ordered a new sensor. I hope this will fix the problem. I had no problem with dust. Maybe something wrong with the board. Hope so.

Wilbur

Hey, I got through on the first call. "2 min top"