Thread: Question

Default Question

On my machine, when I start a project I get
    Project error (-57) abort.

I abort and when I start over everything works fine except when I turn the board over to carve the other side.

everything goes fine until the machine starts to measure the board. The Z truck comes over to the end where the key pad is and it just sits there going back and fourth in a one spot.

I stop and try again and get the message

Fatal error ( 2)
    Please reboot machine.

Help

Wilbur

I don't know what is causing the problem. Since your board carved OK on the back side you might try going back into Designer and erasing on the back side of your project. Upload just the front side and try cutting again.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Thanks. It is a though.
    I have carved this a few times with no problem. I did try some MDF and have had a couple things happen that has not happened before. I have been thinking that the dust from that carve is so fine, that may be part of the problem.
    I want use MDF any more. That dust is so fine that it could get into about any place.

Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    everything goes fine until the machine starts to measure the board. The Z truck comes over to the end where the key pad is and it just sits there going back and fourth in a one spot.
    I was having the same problem carving a piece that was 6" x 8 feet long. The board wasn't perfectly square, and wasn't perfectly uniform in thickness. I knew it, but wanted to take as little off the board as necessary.

The machine would measure the length, and then come to the center and move back and forth faster and faster until I stopped it.

Once I planed and jointed both sides and edges for uniformity, the problems went away.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Thanks for the reply but that is not my problem.

I am beganing to thank it may be the software.

I have the 1.15 software upgrade as well

Now I am getting clean board sensor. I have went through all that the book says to do even tape on the board and just got through putting the sensor back together. Nothing changed except that instead of hanging up on the end with the key pad it goes to the other end and gives me the same message now.

I don't know if it is the software or not but everything was working good until I upgraded. Right at 200 hr carving time.

Wilbur

I found the problem. It was my board was to wide.

I was using a wide board of 14.75" which has worked twice before. I took off .25" and everything is working fine.

So it is a hit and miss that a 14.75" board will work.

Wilbur