Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help in design

Default Help in design

I have been trying to design a spoke wheel. That the CW will cut out the whole thing. I have an example and it is simple, but I can get the center to cut out without removing the spokes. This is what I have and what I would like if I is possible?

I hope I am stating what I want clear enough? Basically the inside cut out leaving the spokes.

Ike

Default Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I have been trying to design a spoke wheel. That the CW will cut out the whole thing. I have an example and it is simple, but I can get the center to cut out without removing the spokes. This is what I have and what I would like if I is possible?

I hope I am stating what I want clear enough? Basically the inside cut out leaving the spokes.

Ike
    Ike,
    I see 1" stock and version 1.15.
    Do you want the same thing on both sides? If so try a 2 sided carve using just the "Wheel-2" pattern.. Be careful as you have your spokes inset by 1/2 inch and a 2 sided carve will wipe them out on 1" wood. Your inner circle is also set at 1/2", that will need changed as well. If the Back side is flat the above does not apply. It could be a single sided pattern on 3/4" stock.

If thicker, it will be a 2 sided project and you may need to make your own tabs for the outer circle. The outer circle needs to change to a carved line rather than a cut-out.

You are almost correct. The "cut-out" should be the empty area between the spokes.

I set up one "Connected Line" Right triangle and then changed the "Form" on the outer leg to an Arc and made it conform to the inner circle. I then made it a Carve Region and used the "Pierce" Icon.

I hope I made this reply clear enough for you.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Place Tabs

So far, I have not found how to place tabs on Ike's outer wheel cut, can someone enlighten me?
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Ike
    Is this what you are looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wheel 4 cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spoked Wheel.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HighTechOkie; 07-28-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Bud,

Tabs won't work to hold the scrap pieces in place on a two sided project since they get cut off when then second side starts cutting. What you need to do is place some small rectangles say 1/4" X 1" across the cutting path. Select region on each rectangle then set the depth to 0.00. You need to do the same thing on the opposite side at the exact locations as the other side.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

BJ and Rob yes that is what I am looking for, thank you! I had a brain fart, I didn't think of just overlapping the spokes into the wheel to keep it attached.

Bud sorry I don't think we are on the same page. I not looking for a 2 sided project I and designing a wheel barrel planter project and was simply trying to keep the spokes as one cut from the board. Rather then cutting the wheel and attaching the spokes after.

Ike

Default Tabs Option on 1.15

Quote Originally Posted by hotpop View Post
    Bud,

Tabs won't work to hold the scrap pieces in place on a two sided project since they get cut off when then second side starts cutting. What you need to do is place some small rectangles say 1/4" X 1" across the cutting path. Select region on each rectangle then set the depth to 0.00. You need to do the same thing on the opposite side at the exact locations as the other side.
    I understand the method of assigning rectangles/circles to make my tabs in the various versions. The question is,"How do I get the TAB Option to activate on version 1.15" What situation/setting does it apply to? So far, I have not see anything that it works on. What am I missing?Tab Option
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tab Option.JPG  
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default 2sided

BJ and Rob yes that is what I am looking for, thank you! I had a brain fart, I didn't think of just overlapping the spokes into the wheel to keep it attached.

Bud sorry I don't think we are on the same page. I not looking for a 2 sided project I and designing a wheel barrel planter project and was simply trying to keep the spokes as one cut from the board. Rather then cutting the wheel and attaching the spokes after.

Ike
    Sorry Ike,
    From your original post, I presumed that you wanted the spokes inset, and it appeared that you might be thinking of a 2sided carve as well.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Sorry Ike,
    From your original post, I presumed that you wanted the spokes inset, and it appeared that you might be thinking of a 2sided carve as well.
    AskBud
    No Bud just want a wheel the inside of the spokes can be cut out using the CW. I am coming up with wheel barrel planter project I hope to sell. The wheel is strictly for looks so the front will look the same as the back. It will be able to move, but not for using as a wooden wheel barrel.

I will post the final results soon

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast