Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/8" carving bit??

Default 1/8" carving bit??

I just loaded a project and the machine is asking me to load a 1/8" carving bit, a 1/8" cutting bit and a 1/16" carving bit. I don't have a 1/8" "carving" bit and don't see one in the carvewright store. Is this a software error? I am running the new version of the software.

Talking

My machine did the same thing yesterday.I just loaded the 1/8 in cutting bit both times and it worked fine.Never noticed it before was carving the round jewelry box . Had made 2 others with same mpc and didnt have it happen.
    3 Carvewrights, 1 Epilog Laser Engraver

Are you sure it is asking for Carving not Cutting... Sometimes if you have a Drill Hole and a Cut Path it asks for the 1/8 inch CUTTING bit TWICE then asks for the 1/16 carving bit.

If it does it again snap a picture of the LCD and post it....

So Twice for the Cutting bit is NORMAL.... If you have a Drill Hole and Cut Path.

There is no 1/8 inch Carving Bit.

Let us know....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have seen the same message. I had to do a double take.

Took the .mpc file rechecked the bits and re-uploaded. It still asked for the 1/8" carving bit. I loaded the 1/8" cutting bit and it cut just fine.

I wondered about this as well.

I have a new B (serial number) machine.

Joe

Sounds like a Software Bug....?

Are you both using 1.134?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yes,

I have not upgraded. I want to see others run into with the latest.

Joe

a 1/8" carving bit, a 1/8" cutting bit
    it could be one requests is for "vector paths" and one for drilling or carving if you look close at the prompt you will see. unless it a bug in the firmware ..

1.50 seems to only asks once now for the same bit..

There is no 1/8 inch Carving Bit.
    Well yes you can ues a 1/8" carving bit and LHR did stock them.. This request will happen if you change the 1/16" bit to the 1/8" under the pattern bit selection in the preferences menu. At one time you could use the 1/4 until LHR removed it from the software last year, then it would ask you fro the 1/4 carving bit

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-04-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Without seeing what's in your MPC's i.e. Rasters/Vectors, it's impossible to know what bit(s) it "should be" asking for.

However, if it's asking for a 1/8" "Carving" bit, did you inadvertently change the default "pattern bit" here in the "Board Settings" dialog box?..(picture)

If not and it's set to the 1/16" ball-nose bit then I can only think of two things. I use 1.134 and have never seen it ask for a 1/8" "Carving" bit but...

1) Either you have a vector with the 1/8" "Cutting" bit applied and you're misreading the prompt...OR
    2) For whatever strange reason, it really wants the 1/16" "Carving" bit but is displaying 1/8" instead of 1/16"...???

As I said, I've never seen this myself but stranger things have happened to some, and not others in the past....LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Board Settings.jpg  
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default 1/8 Carving Bit

Let's think about this for a second.
    We know, that the machine asks for the bits in "reverse" order of the proposed usage. It will also ask for the same bit again, if it is not measured/recognized the first time (rather than continue).

Since this 1/8 "Carving" Bit was the first to be measured, there is a possibility we may be missing. I think we know that no such bit is on our list (but a look at the actual MPC would help us, all, know for sure). The one thing we may be overlooking, is the question the the CW/CC asks (over & above the project design) as to whether we wish to "Cut the Board to Size". This is nested within the CW/CC it's self, not in the Design. It may be possible, that the "Code" given the machine CPU has an incorrect word within that query. This would account for the rare occasion for anyone to see the same thing being questioned. The "Load Command" would, only, appear if we would say YES to "Cut the Board to Size".

I may be wrong, but I think along with taking a look at the MPC in question, we should investigate/know if "Cut Board to Size" has any part in this problem.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Well Bud,

If the cut to size question is asked and answered yes, it would ask for the 1/8" "Cutting" bit, not "Carving" bit. I may have misunderstood but the question was, Why is it asking for an 1/8" (Carving) bit?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast