Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Professional Sign Board Material

Thanks for the reply Joe....

I have a friend who sandblast various stone media, while it is a great 2D representation of a design, it's not 3D like you would get with the CW. Laser is another way, but I don't want to put a bunch of cash into something I would only use once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by locovalley View Post
    Dan, I carve signs in all kinds and sizes of stone but I use plastic stencils, cut on a plotter, and a sandblaster to do the carving. As far as using the CW to carve stone...No way, Jose. If you could do it, it would be like sandblasting the inside of your machine. JMHO

Joe
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny
    Every day I thank God for Mister Levi Strauss
    mailto:gunny@thegunnys.us
    http://www.thegunnys.us

Ken M -
    Can you describe more about how you used Extira ... did you carve it? ... do cutouts? ... how dusty is it? ... can you sand it and paint it?

Maybe I should just look for their website
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Ken M -
    Can you describe more about how you used Extira ... did you carve it? ... do cutouts? ... how dusty is it? ... can you sand it and paint it?

Maybe I should just look for their website
    Rick,
    Here is a thread on a large project using Extira. I used centerline on this project, I've used Extira for normal carving also. It machines great. It is dusty so dust collection is a must. It takes paint great, just use the recommendations for paint on the Extira web site.

4. Thumbs up

Nicely done! I'll be making signs for my Father-in-Laws new pub and have been trying to figure the best way to make a larger sign. I'd seen a large backer piece made and routed then with the smaller sign carved pieces mounted to the face of it in layers. I really like how you've seemlessly put that sign together!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12