Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not to impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lotek View Post
    I don’t think most of the problems I've read about on this and other forums are unusual for this type of machine. I serviced computerized embroidery machines for 10 years or so in a factory setting, and later on the road. All of the non routine problems, even with new machines, were solved using a phone with a manufacturer’s tech on the other end. Sometimes we would "overnight" a board or motor in. Fortunately the CarveWright is small enough to UPS into a service center if needed.
    If one thing tripped up in those embroidery systems, a chain reaction of failure would usually occur. There were also people who were jinxes around that sort of equipment.

Dave
    I understand about having problem being the norm I just don't think they should be out of the box as often as we see here
    Hess

"The machine is built in China, hence the affordable price, and possible poor QC. I do not know if LHR test run every machine, but I would see this as impracticable. Even American built cars can have Lemons."

My unit had 2+ hrs of runtime when I got it. The problem more than likely happened because of that. We all know how we keep hear clean the unit me came with saw dust and chips included so I don't think they cleaned the unit after running in so it stuck the roller. Cant say about the CB and that's the one the burns me. I understand adjustments like rollers out of the box. not having to tear the unit down like for the CB.

As from China... most of our stuff is coming from there have to admit all 3 of my lathes or china made 2 Jets and a Grizzly They have all been right on in set up and work like a charm. Have to admit most of my saws jointers and planners are Grizzly all china made. Heck even the carbs off a HD come from Japan and sadly the us has not been able to keep up with them.

Hess

As for the QC, it is known that sometimes the new QC needs conditioning with 3 in one oil to loosen it up and make it more responsive to the user. A Cold QC in a cold shop can be less responsive and a improperly installed bit will soon fly out of the QC and damage the machine or YOU.

This is a hobby machine made to sell CHEAPER than it's Professional Model in the $10K range.

If you do have use it for a business and need to depend on it for income and getting projects out the door than you might need to consider having 2 machines like I do. Plus experience has taught me the things that are Consumable on the machine and I just received a box from LHR with $700.00 in Bit Holders, QC's, Sand Paper Blts, 2 Z Trucks, and 2 Board Sensors. I am laying in my supply for the Sign Season so I get more productivity out of my 3 machines.

There are some people that just don't have the calm personality to own this machine. I think Fishing is a equal Adventure that relates.

Lets say you go fishing and expect to catch X amount of fish because the State Charges X for a License. Some people have the Patience to weather the ups and downs with fishing and some post a rant at the first time a knot breaks or they snag the bottom.

Some people go into fishing with a reasonable expectation of the outcome and others call it a complete failure if they only catch 1 fish....

As far as Factory Authorized Service people..... Well then there is the "Liability".... If I am a factory trained tech and I fix your machine and someone gets hurt, the lawyers will eat that tech for breakfast.... After he has lost his house and is out on the street, he will wonder why he decided to fix someone else's machine.... I have the background in fixing this kind of stuff, Navy and Sony training and I have been doing it since 1977.

We have a few machines in this area, and last summer I met 2 users in a parking lot and we changed out the sand paper belts and it ended up that we all learned something as each of us knew things the other did not..... It was fun and we all have a backup help if needed.

So it comes down to attitude. If you go into this looking to KICK it like a dog every time there is a problem then this machine is not for you. Most look at it as a chance to LEARN something new about the machine.

This is a great resource and reading about QC problems and the lubrication required would have prevented some of the problem. Sending a machine back for a Dry QC is how Sears got a PILE of machines back. Customers need to be WILLING to learn and do the work.

And no LHR will not pay you for your time, this is a Hobby Machine, a very HIGH TECH HOBBY machine. Not a simple Power Tool with a motor.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-04-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You know you have a point about CW being real slow about following up with contacts. The support so far has been great. I wrote to sales about buying one and asked it they had worked out some of the bugs about 3 weeks ago. No reply, guess he do not want to admit to the bugs. Wrote yesterday about these issues I'm having now so I'm watching to see how long it takes.

Maybe they don't want to encourage training because they worry someone may reverse eng one and work the bugs out of theirs?

QC is referring to Quality Control not the quick Coupler I'm saying these units do not have a good Quality Control from the Factory.

I'm real big into Bikes. most of the stuff I have picked up is from the guys you meet or ride with. just as it should be it what bring us together.

I understand that this is a hobby machine but it is no toy or RC plane, Heck Bikes are considered by some RUBs to be hobbies but for the most part they are reliable

I keep seeing that if someone speaks up about problems then it gets met like your reply "go into this looking to KICK it like a dog every time there is a problem then this machine is not for you."

If I have said ANY thing untrue here you show me! I will post a retraction. Your comment is like going to your Pastor and and being told you need to find another church because you question something he said. I am very much here to learn and very open to your input I'm not a person that's slams anyone or anything just for the heck of it.
    I'm not the type that kisses up. I'm open and honest to a fault i believe we each have a right to state or opinion whether we agree does not matter. I'm sure that once the unit is fixed I will love it. Just think there are things that can be improved on form the factory. I also understand that CR can only do so much at a time they are not one of the big 3s yet (no bailout) so one must take stuff in stride if I was angry the unit would all ready be returned for a refund.

Hess

6. Default Re: Not too impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    I understand about having problem being the norm I just don't think they should be out of the box as often as we see here
    Hess
    I agree with this, but rough handling by shippers can create a world of problems too.

Box was clean and free of any marks. I think the roller thing is cause they run the unit in for awhile which is norm but maybe dont get them cleaned very well then the head sits there compressed till the unit gets to us so not a big deal there. You are right we never know how things get handled. It will all work out. At least it did not come out of the box in pieces. Do have to say they do a good job at packing but they forgot to put the little china man back in the box. I thought you got one with every unit

Data where on the Cw site are the Z tracks and sensors? Do you just call the order in. I just had my 2nd unit come to the door and dont mind having what ever I need sitting in a cabnet just in case. Are those the main things you should have extra? Whats the cost on most of the stuff I mean is it reasonable?

Thanks Hess

Default Parts

Hess,

If you email them a list of parts with the correct numbers from the exploded view of the CW, they will tell you the costs. At least that is how I did it.

I think that having a set of sandpaper belts, extra cover switches (that you probably won't need), a QuickChuck, a set of X gears, and some backup bits and adapters is a good start. You might want to examine the Y and Z motors for gear wear and have replacements on hand before they go out.

For convenience, it is handy to have two cards.

Just my thoughts.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Yes, there are some issues with these "toys" "machines" whatever you want to call them. Although there is some great advice here from many knowledgable members, there are "others" that do the PR overkill albeit they claim not to have any affiliations with the vendor. Yack, yack... as for me I keep reading and waiting until the dust settles so that I can purchase a unit with better reliabilty. At over, $2K Canadian, I hardly would call this a cheap(affordable) machine for the hobbyist(?).

Valid point being made here that QC (quality control) should be better enforced before putting any of these machines out in the marketplace. As consumers, we all deserve better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast