Thread: Won't read the board??

Default Won't read the board??

I have loaded the board and it won't do anything further- just bought it too - brand new. Also the crank doesn't lower the main part easily - sometimes all you hear is the clicks but it's not resting on the board. Have turned it off and turned it on again..pushed the Enter button... but it still tells me to Load Board...

any ideas?

Where are you located whats the temps inside your shop. Needs to be at least 55f so the greases are warm enough to let it go up and down the guides properly
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

3. Default

The head has to be lowered enough to raise the rollers to the point of closing the roller switches. Ideally 80 to 85 pounds of pressure on the board. If the head isn't going down far enough to close the roller switches the machine thinks there is no board. The machine has to be warm (at least 55 degrees). If the head still won't go down then lube the four corner pillars.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info

I might also suggest checking out all the back issues of Tips&Tricks: http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks. For a new owner they are invaluable in helping the new (and experienced) owner in learning how to operate there machine and get the most out of it.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!